Reaction score
I just upgraded and the shutdown on-screen button has gone away. Am I just not seeing it or is shutting down no longer necessary? I always shut down if I'm going away. I did it manually this time.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
The "shutdown on-screen button"? What does that mean? You shut down your Mac by clicking on the Apple icon and choosing Shut Down.. from there.

OP
rbpeirce
Reaction score
The login screen used to have a selection for shut-down. I discover 14 now has a classic power button ikon on the upper right of the login screen.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
There is a Settings option for the login screen under "Lock Screen." Don't know what all of it does, but you could look to see if there is an option more to your tastes.

OP
rbpeirce
Reaction score
This also applyies when you are logged in. The previous OS had a shut down button that appeared when you were logged out. This release, it turns out, has a button to the upper right of the screen that provides a shutdown option when you are logged ou.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.