13-inch MacBook Pro from early 2015 A1502

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27-inch, Late 2013
I have the above mentioned MBP. Well ... it's dead; it doesn't boot, no lights, sounds ... nothing. Firstly, if anyone has any ideas I'd love to hear them. Secondly, I believe it has an M.2 drive in it that IS removable. Is there an adaptor that I could buy to remove the data from the drive? It's my niece's MBP. She has college papers and documents as well as photos etc. Of course ... she never "had the time" to back anything up to iCloud or anywhere else for that matter. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Mike

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
Check with OWC for an adaptor to read the drive: Mac-sales.com

Assuming the dying machine didn't kill the drive, the data should be readable with another Mac and the adaptor.

As for the failure, if there are no lights or sounds, it sounds like the power circuits failed. I think they are on the logic board, but someone more knowledgable than me can give better info.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27-inch, Late 2013
Thanks for replying Jake. I'm not worried about the MBP itself at this point. Is there some sort of an adaptor that I can connect the M.2 drive to? Maybe with a USB interface? I'm thinking remove the M.2 drive, connect it to an adaptor and plug it into another Mac to retrieve the data. I really don't know what I'm looking for hence all my questions.
Thanks in advance,
Mike

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27-inch, Late 2013
Will do Jake. Thank you again !!!

Mike

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Various Mac's
I believe it has an M.2 drive in it that IS removable. Mike

Unless the original Apple SSD has previously been replaced by an M2 SSD with adapter it will not be an M2 SSD. As above, OWC sell a suitable adapter that works well, I have 2.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27-inch, Late 2013
Thank you Steve, much appreciated. I've already ordered the adapter. :)

Mike

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.