100C + temperature on ch0 dimm (bootcamp)

Reaction score
Installed bootcamp to play cs go with my friends, cpu temps are fine, but i see in Hwinfo32 the temps of ch0 dimm0 at 100C + and this is worrying me. I've been searching about this but couldnt find anything but temperature ranges between 75 idle and 125C load.

My question is, what are these components and why are these under the processor category in hwinfo program ( temp monitor) , also, could this harm my macbook?
This is a late 2014 macbook pro retina.

Hopefully someone could help me on this, thanks for reading

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
First, if you're trying to monitor the temperatures in your rMBP while running Windows, you can't as they won't be accurate. Second, your rMBP will shut down automatically if the temps go over the normal operating parameters set by the Apple engineers.

OP
K
Reaction score
Here are the temperatures:
http://imgur.com/lHCKHPP

So how can i be sure these are inaccurate?
I see a bit lower in the list memory module at 30-50 C depending on load, and this dimm temperature seems to be almost always twice as much.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I have yet to come across a Windows program that accurately displayed the temperatures and other parameters of an Apple machine. I know nothing about the program you're using to measure, however. The only thing I can suggest to you is to use an OS X program while in OS X and then compare the temps. The program I use is iStat Menus. And, again if your rMBP overheats, it will automatically shut down.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
The only thing I can suggest to you is to use an OS X program while in OS X and then compare the temps.

Great suggestion.:)

I'm thinking the same thing. Check temps when doing things in OS X. If ram temps in OS X are reasonable (and close to each other)…then everything is fine & the Windows temp app. is faulty.

If temps in OS X are also 100+°F…and a big difference between each ram reading…then something may need to be looked into. Of course since this is a 2014 retina MBP…not a whole lot an end-user can do about anything.

- Nick

OP
K
Reaction score
. The only thing I can suggest to you is to use an OS X program while in OS X and then compare the temps. The program I use is iStat Menus. And, again if your rMBP overheats, it will automatically shut down.

I do use iStat Menus on OSX, the only sensor that i can find seems to be DDR3 proximity sensor, the temperatures seem fine aswell, i guess it's just sensor inaccuracy and should be ignored

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Nah just software incompability. Like comparing apples with lemons. Temperature monitor on my iMac, Ambient 28º and Memory Controller 38º which is 100ºF so all is well.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.