10.9 updates?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.9GHz i7, 16GB DDR, 512GB, OSX 10.11.6
Hello all.

Now that Yosemite is the new OSX, will we still be getting updates on Mavericks?
Or is Yosemite itself the new 'update'?

I ask because I still run Final Cut Express as my main edit suite (I know, it's ancient! But I like it and can't even begin to afford FCPx, at the moment). FCE performs well on Mavericks, but has issues on Yosemite* - so I'd like to keep Mavericks as long as is feasible.

Thanks, CB

*according to various users on other forums, incl. Apple Support, after I Googled some questions re FCE and Yosemite compatibility.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Now that Yosemite is the new OSX, will we still be getting updates on Mavericks?

Most definitely!:) The latest Mac OS to be announced as "Unsupported" is Snow Leopard (10.6). Apple would still have to "unsupport" 10.7 and 10.8 before there would be no more updates for 10.9 (Mavericks).

Although the updates will probably be much less frequent. And it may be small tweaks to individual apps & security updates. No guarantee we will ever see a full 10.9.6 update (but who knows).

- Nick

OP
cowbrain
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.9GHz i7, 16GB DDR, 512GB, OSX 10.11.6
Excellent!

Thanks, Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.