1.8 GHz G5 sleeping random.

Reaction score
Hello, everyone I'm having a bit of an issue with my iMac 1.8GHz G5 where it goes to sleep anytime I'm watching a movie or video online. Whenever the video is streaming my iMac suddenly goes to sleep. I'll be able to watch a few minutes maybe up to an hour if I get lucky before my mac goes nuts. It gets to the point that if I turn it off and turn it on it shuts down right away before it gets to the main gray screen.

I've read online that it's an issue that some of these iMacs had where they would go to sleep at random times however my iMac only goes to sleep when I'm watching videos. I was told by a friend that maybe I need to buy some more ram for it? I've been running it with the 256MB of ram that it came with I figured since I never really used my mac so much that would be fine.

Does anybody out there have some advice? Any help would be greatly appreciated! I'm going nuts here lol :-(

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.