• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Soooooooo sick of the snow!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
Woke up to this, this afternoon. It was bad before I went to sleep, but then it got REALLY bad!

This is from the balcony of my apartment.. The snow on the railing wasn't there at 9AM, and I took this pics around 1PM.

---

---

---

---

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
i'd love to trade some of our recent cold for a bit more snow. it's march, why is it -5 F when i go to work? :Grimmace:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
We've had about 16" so far since yesterday. At least living in an apartment you don't have to shovel it yourself. ;)

OP
Audio.Trench
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
We've had about 16" so far since yesterday. At least living in an apartment you don't have to shovel it yourself. ;)

Haha this is true.. I don't have to pay rent, Internet, phone, or utilities either ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.4Ghz, 4GB RAM/320GB HD; BlackBook 2.4Ghz, 2GB RAM/250GB HD
At least you won't have water shortages this summer. We're done for the year with our rainy season, and got less than 10". :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
Lucky you. I want snow here.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D MacBook Pro

And it is still coming down quite hard.

I actually think I am going to go shovel for a little...no real reason, seeing as we are looking at getting another 5-6", at least.

Reaction score
We missed that huge storm, luckily.
Although maybe it would have been nice to get loads of snow so it would cover up all that ice on our roads...I have to walk about 3/4 a mile 2 times a day, one in the morning one at night, well thursday I fell 11 times. I'm bruised, it's painful...We need to dance around in circles with sticks on fire chanting Spring rituals, anything about spring, anything relating to spring, ANYTHING!
(Gets out stick and lights it on fire while dancing in a circle)

HERE COMES PETER COTTONTAIL, HOPPIN' DOWN THE BUNNY TRAIL! HIPPITY HOPPITY EASTER'S ON ITS WAY!

....sorry, that was on a commercial, it's catchy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook- 2.2GHz, 1gb RAM, 160GB, Double-Layer Superdrive.
Yeah I had to drive up to toronto from new york through that storm... and now hear I am in my hotel in toronto about to get hit... again! *sigh*

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP l iPhone l iPod
ahh i love the snow. i wish it could last all year so i can go skiing :p

OP
Audio.Trench
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
I seriously hate the snow, and winter time for that matter.. It's almost the middle of March and we keep getting dumped on! It sucks, especially since I don't have a car and have to hitchhike to/from work.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 GHZ MacBook Black 2GB's RAM 200GB Hard Drive
We missed that huge storm, luckily.
Although maybe it would have been nice to get loads of snow so it would cover up all that ice on our roads...I have to walk about 3/4 a mile 2 times a day, one in the morning one at night, well thursday I fell 11 times. I'm bruised, it's painful...We need to dance around in circles with sticks on fire chanting Spring rituals, anything about spring, anything relating to spring, ANYTHING!
(Gets out stick and lights it on fire while dancing in a circle)

HERE COMES PETER COTTONTAIL, HOPPIN' DOWN THE BUNNY TRAIL! HIPPITY HOPPITY EASTER'S ON ITS WAY!

....sorry, that was on a commercial, it's catchy.

Tanner,

I'm moving back to GR in like three weeks from the west coast, you may not not want to hear this but I really miss a good Michigan winter! I am definitly out of practice when it comes to driving in the snow. So if you see a red pontiac on the highway this winter do us both a favor and keep your distance!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2009 MacBook Pro  Mid 2007 iMac  4G iPod Touch  iPhone 4S  iPad
Man, I know what you mean! I live in Alabama and we had about 1/2 inch on the ground! J/K! We really did have the snow on the ground this morning but it was gone this afternoon. I can't imagine what it would be like living in your part of the world. I hate snow!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 OSX Tiger
It snowed from about 8 am yesterday to about 5 pm today. I came home for spring break yesterday in it. I didn't think it was bad, but apparently everyone else did. There were quite a few people spun out on the median of I-70 and 75. Yay for a snowing spring break

OP
Audio.Trench
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
It's STILL snowing here.. More of a white-out now.. very unsafe!

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
I'm so done with snow this year. I wish a yeti would come and put me out of my misery.

OP
Audio.Trench
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
More pics! Sorry for the over-exposure! Most of the yellowish-ness you see is very fine snow particles blowing everywhere.. Gonna go back and take some better ones after I post these.

---

---

---

EDIT: Okay, so most of them didn't turn out right.. Trying to get the right settings on my cam.. But I did manage to get a good one.. You can actually almost see the snow blowing around.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
I missed the one good snowfall we had this year.

If we get that kind of accumulation, everything shuts down and stays home. I love snow. It's beautiful, and it gets me off work. Please send the stuff down here, we'll take care of it for you.

OP
Audio.Trench
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
Sooooo it's gotten even worse out.. More pics! Should've used the tripod again, but was too lazy.. Haha

---

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.