• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Hey guys, just started a blog!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Whitebook 2.2, 4gb RAM, 200gb 7200RPM HD
and this is what happens when you click (Friday 3:42pm)

"This account has been suspended.
Either the domain has been overused, or the reseller ran out of resources."

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
and this is what happens when you click (Friday 3:42pm)

"This account has been suspended.
Either the domain has been overused, or the reseller ran out of resources."

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.2 Ghz 2GB Ram 120 GB HD
I love the blog.... Way too over used ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Maybe the blog is just too b-i-g to get around?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
Okay it works now.

(But if Mr. Monte gets a chance to advertise, so will I! So please visit my blog as well :) )

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
@Vindicated: Stop stealing my thunder :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Of course it does NOT work but you got your blogs across guys - sneaky!

As they say any form of advertising.............

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP l iPhone l iPod
how easy is it to blog. i never got into it because i dont know how to do it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If you want some pure blogging no setup, then check out blogger (www.blogger.com). Just have to enter your post title, content, and hit publish. Easiest thing in the world. You can also email your posts, where the subject becomes the post title.

Try it out. WP on the other hand is much more powerful but needs you to set it up (unless you use www.wordpress.com to host your blog)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook- 2.2GHz, 1gb RAM, 160GB, Double-Layer Superdrive.
how easy is it to blog. i never got into it because i dont know how to do it.

And if you have a newish mac it should come with a program called iWeb which will let you do a blog (if you want to do more serious blogging.

Heres mine that i made with iWeb

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook White 2.16GHz 2Gb OS X 10.5, 16Gb iPhone 3G Black
blogging looks like a bit of fun, i might try it out.....how much does it cost for the webspace on average? also, are there any rules about what you can/cannot put on blogs (not talking about anything seedy) for example, google adverts etc that you can get money from?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8 core 2.8Ghz, 12GB RAM, 2.3TB HD; MacBook Pro 2.4Ghz, 4GB RAM, 200GB HD
It is fun but you have to have something you want to write about regularly. That's been the toughest part of having my blog; right now it's all about a Windows guy getting a Mac and all of the pitfalls I've encountered. Now that I'm very comfortable with my Mac I have less to write about on that topic.

I would highly recommend Blogger.com. Super easy and free. And since it's owned by Google they make it really easy to put ads in it. Keep in mind that you need some serious traffic to generate any real money on advertising so it can be a lot of work. I personally did mine more just to have a place to record my thoughts.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ohh i see cool. might take a look if i think of anything to write :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It is fun but you have to have something you want to write about regularly. That's been the toughest part of having my blog; right now it's all about a Windows guy getting a Mac and all of the pitfalls I've encountered. Now that I'm very comfortable with my Mac I have less to write about on that topic.

I would highly recommend Blogger.com. Super easy and free. And since it's owned by Google they make it really easy to put ads in it. Keep in mind that you need some serious traffic to generate any real money on advertising so it can be a lot of work. I personally did mine more just to have a place to record my thoughts.

are there any terms that require you to update regularly? or can you just go at your own pace?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8 core 2.8Ghz, 12GB RAM, 2.3TB HD; MacBook Pro 2.4Ghz, 4GB RAM, 200GB HD
are there any terms that require you to update regularly? or can you just go at your own pace?

You go at your own pace. For every blog that is actively being maintained there are tens of thousands that still only have a single initial post.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.