• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Lawsuit claims iPhone infringes call display patent

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5 2ghz Dual Processor, 12" Scrolling TrackPad Powerbook

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Another bogus lawsuit, because he would need to sue MicroSoft too. My Motorola Q does the same thing as the iPhone and so does all other cell phones. So whats the point here?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Yeah, good luck with that one.

Reaction score
I made a patent on the wheel back in 1995. Still waiting a few more years till I bust that puppy out...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook CoreDuo
Another bogus lawsuit, because he would need to sue MicroSoft too. My Motorola Q does the same thing as the iPhone and so does all other cell phones. So whats the point here?

so does my $10 land line phone

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.4Ghz, 4GB RAM/320GB HD; BlackBook 2.4Ghz, 2GB RAM/250GB HD
I'm going to patent the means by wh...pesgray.com/ipbusinessmethodpatents/"]ARTICLE.

Now, if only the U.S. court system would adopt the "English Rule" where the loser pays the winner's legal fees and expenses. That would drive out the majority of the contingency fee cases that have turned our legal system into a lottery of sorts.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
Now, if only the U.S. court system would adopt the "English Rule" where the loser pays the winner's legal fees and expenses. That would drive out the majority of the contingency fee cases that have turned our legal system into a lottery of sorts.

Don't count on it. We've had two nutjobs in the last week:

- the compulsive gambler who lost £3 million and sued the bookmaker for not stopping him (he lost that one and has to pay £400,000 costs)

- the man sueing a retailer because he slipped on a grape in the food section. He tried to claim £300,000 for 'loss of confidence', amongst other things. He lost that one too!

OP
johnnyluu
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5 2ghz Dual Processor, 12" Scrolling TrackPad Powerbook
The problem is that we are living in a world that is quickly descending into a general shortage of common sense.

How some of these lawsuits make it beyond a fleeting thought is beyond me.

But as long as there remains a chance to make a shed load of money out of nothing nothing, people will continue trying to.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac pro quad 2.66 / G5 1.8
Don't count on it. We've had two nutjobs in the last week:

- the compulsive gambler who lost £3 million and sued the bookmaker for not stopping him (he lost that one and has to pay £400,000 costs)

- the man sueing a retailer because he slipped on a grape in the food section. He tried to claim £300,000 for 'loss of confidence', amongst other things. He lost that one too!

On the other hand, a certain person just picked up £25m for . . . er . . .

Gotta admire her style though. She emptied a jug of water over Paul MacCartneys lawyers head as she was leaving the courtroom. Forgive me, but that made me laugh.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
lol, the Leno joke was hilarious. It went something like, that's typical, you get married and then she gains 25 million pounds.
Absolutely no offense to women, I just thought it was a funny joke.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.