• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Macbook update!! Now another question ...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.66ghz Core 2 duo iMac (20in), 320gb HDD, 4gb DDR3 1066mhz, iPhone 3g (8GB), Nano 4g (16GB)
Alright, the Macbooks and MBP's have received and update as you all probably know by now. Seeing as how im getting a macbook in a couple months im quite happy about this update...However, do you guys think this will be the last macbook update until oct/nov OR do you think we will see a complete MB revamp (case changes ect..) by the end of march/early june?? lol im so worried im not gonna be able to get a white one if they update them to aluminum

Reaction score
i hope not! i am already upset that there isn't some firmware update for the last model of Macbook Pros, i would be willing to pay a small fee to get the multi-touch that Apple is offering in the new MBP updates!

Reaction score
has any1 noticed that on the standard pricing it has a 512mb gfx card on the 17 inch but in the education store its onli a 256mb on the 17 inch =S

on the Uk site this is

Reaction score
i hope not! i am already upset that there isn't some firmware update for the last model of Macbook Pros, i would be willing to pay a small fee to get the multi-touch that Apple is offering in the new MBP updates!
Yea, I bought a MBP last week. I returned it (with a 15% re-stocking fee:Grimmace:) yesterday and decided to go with the iMac :shrug:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Nobody really saw this update coming as it ran completely contrary to the regularly scheduled updates of the last three years. So nobody really knows if Apple has decided to change the schedule or if its going to revamp the Macbook lines on the former schedule.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)

The Trackpad hardware is actually different on the new MacBook Pros.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.