Price cut again?!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D 27" W/ MAGIC MOUSE,iPhone 3GS
I stumbled across this tid bit of information:
http://9to5mac.com/ipod-iphone-price-drops-coming-soon-299-399-16GB-32GB-453677

We just got a tip that Apple is planning on dropping the prices again on the iPhone and iPod Touch line within the next month or two - perhaps at the late February event, perhaps as late as mid-April. Our tipster says that Apple will drop the prices by $100.
Also, the 8Gb iPod Touch will be dropped from the lineup according to the source. It might also make sense that the 8Gb iPhone would get phased out as well, but it wasn't mentioned in the tip. Inventories will likely be a big factor in the timing so we're keeping an eye out for shortages.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
If that's true, it's probably related to the future release of the 3G iPhone.

OP
ibookmobile007
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
that is what the article further states.As ATT has been scrambling from state to state organizing the 3G tech/towers very rapidly, which should be complete within the next month...only time will tell...still seem to be rumors

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
We're still a while off of a 3G iPhone. I would bet no earlier than late summer/early fall at this point. They haven't even submitted it for approval to the FCC at this point and it will take several months after that before the FCC signs off.

Apple may announce the 3G iPhone is coming in February, but I would be it's at least a good 6 months away still....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
^^ agreed. Plus the fact that AT&T is expanding their 3G network doesn't necessarily correlate with the iPhone. AT&T (then Cingular) had 3G service and many 3G phones on sale for a long time now, and they've been working hard to expand that network for some time now.

OP
ibookmobile007
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
We're still a while off of a 3G iPhone. I would bet no earlier than late summer/early fall at this point. They haven't even submitted it for approval to the FCC at this point and it will take several months after that before the FCC signs off.

Apple may announce the 3G iPhone is coming in February, but I would be it's at least a good 6 months away still....

I definitely agree with this,but things might be moving as we sit here and ponder.I think they will arise mid summer as well.That gives time for the current models that are going to be discounted to sell and give enough cushion to start rolling out the supposed 2nd Gen iPhones.The announcement of price cuts as well as a 2nd Gen model will boost and perk many interests.As sony is coming out with a 3G touch/keyboard version.
http://www.engadget.com/2008/02/10/sonyericsson-xperia-x1-qwerty-with-windows-mobile/
HTC is the maker of this mobile even though sony has branded the phone with their name.Windblows interface though.....:Shouting:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
A near term price cut also gives Apple the necessary "elbow room" to increase the price by the same $100 when the 3G version comes out. It would be difficult to ADD another $100 to the current price as part of a 3G release. That would be quite a drag on sales. So, a preceding price reduction does seem in order if a 3G release is imminent.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.