• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Macbook Touch (Fake But Beautiful)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 2GHz Intel 2GB RAM, iPod Classic 80Gb, iPhone
Just found these pics browsing.

Of course fake but I thought they were worth a look.....maybe the shape of things to come.

2170092898_6774259685_b.jpg

2170092902_eb04debe73_b.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.83GHz Intel Core 2 Duo ,1GB memory, 80GB hard drive Mac mini + 8GB iPhone. <3
i'd rather it was Aluminum (im not a great supporter of the Black Macbook... imo, its just not Apple :/ ) but that is awesome :p Oh, how I wish they would make something like this in the same price range as the MacBook..

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I don't know aboout anyone else, but I dislike people touching my computer screen. So I would not like a computer with a touch screen.

Reaction score
LOL.
Im in the same boat as rman,
i dont like touch screens at all.
My iPod/cell phone/computer screen already has enough fingerprints already-id hate to imagine touch screens.

To me touch screens are like making your bed-
you make it, then you mess it up 2 seconds later.
A viscious cycle,
never ending, always repeating........would drive me crazy.

Reaction score
PS, i wouldnt like that because the screen is like 90% keyboard! whats up with that! Not really even a realistic fake!

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Looks like we are going backward with only about twenty lines of text or so. Not much area to work in, considering the large screens that we have now.

kao

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15", 2.2GHz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HDD, NVIDIA 8600M GT 128MB
I'd assume the keyboard moves out the way to show more screen when it's not needed, like the iPod touch/iPhone.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
Have you all played with an iPhone or iPod touch... the fun an usability of a touch screen far outweigh the nuisance of washing your hands after eating.

Do you know who Steve Jobs is, ever seen his shirts... black not = apple?? iPhone is black. IPT is black. Space is black. Apple is using black all over the place.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, iPad, MacBook Pro.
I do not want any touchscreen

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
^^ Well don't buy it then. I'm sure there a hundreds of others who do want a touchscreen! Me included...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, iPad, MacBook Pro.
Touch screens are only toys, no good for the normal user

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, iPad, MacBook Pro.
Well they're good for a cocktail waitress... ;D
Yes thats correct, for that type of application just great, but normal office or home use, very difficult to use, the notebook we all know is here for a long time i think

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
Sure you won't be able to do photoshop work or so any serious number crunching with that thing. But think about applications like Web browsing, Media playback, and even stuff like Page layout will benefit from Touch interface. There has to be however support for either a trackpad or an external mouse for when those are needed.

All this of course is subject to how accurate the touch technology is, and how good the software is at judging those touches...

Reaction score
yeah I get enough fingerprints and marks on my aluminum imac screen without people intentionally touching it. That screen drives me crazy sometimes

Reaction score
Depends on your use - I think it's good for certain things, especially for working space-efficiently (the ability to have keys appear as needed)
. And obviously casual work with photographs.

It's a great basis for a computer that's supposed to be portable, versatile yet not clunky at the same time.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.