• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Ordering from apple onlne.

k3s

Reaction score
Well i am going to be purchasing a new macbook. Since my mother works in a K-12 school she is able to get a discount through apple, about 100 dollars off. So my question is if i order it off the apple site generally how long is the shipping take? Just general estimates would be good. Also i live in los angeles California.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
It varies, which is why you are given an estimated delivery date when you place the order.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G4 PPC 1 GHZ 1.25 GB RAM
Be sure to check Amazon.com. I understand that they don't collect state/county/city sales tax. Like Apple, shipping is free if it is an Amazon.com item.

Depending on the MacBook price, no tax may be better than the discount.

OP
k3s

k3s

Reaction score
Yea i know amazon dose not not offer tax, also free shipping. But it still comes out cheaper is i buy if from apple with the worker discount. It comes out to be about 1081 for the lower end model and that includes tax with free shipping. But i just called apple and they told me they will accept the discount at their store, so i guess i could buy it at the store also.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G4 PPC 1 GHZ 1.25 GB RAM
It comes out to be about 1081 for the lower end model and that includes tax with free shipping. But i just called apple and they told me they will accept the discount at their store, so i guess i could buy it at the store also.

Great! Go for it!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.