.exe files

riz

Reaction score
Hi,

i recently bought a macbook, im new the the mac world and im having problems installing exe files is there any way i can install exe files any sort of software out there i tried stuffit but that didnt work is there anything else??

Reaction score
exe files are installers for Windows software. Windows software doesn't work on Macs (unless you're running Windows on it).

You need to find Mac software. Versiontracker.com is a good site.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Could you tell us what software you're trying to install? Perhaps we can help you find Mac alternatives.

OP
R

riz

Reaction score
hey,

im trying to install Adobe Photoshop CS3 the extended version and Illustrator CS3 there both EXE files there must be some sort of software out there that can install it on the mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Pro, 10 Core 3 GHz Intel Xeon W, 64 GB RAM, 2 TB HD, Vega 64 GPU
I think your best bet would be to set up a Windows partition on your Mac and use Bootcamp. You can then install the Windows versions of Adobe software on the Windows partition and run it from there.

You may also want to look into seeing if you can exchange your Adobe suite for the Mac versions as they historically perform better on the Mac platform.

Sean

M

MacHeadCase

Yeah Adobe has a cross-platform exchange program going on I've read somewhere. You just need to phone Adobe and they can send you the Mac version. I think you just need to send in your CS3 apps Windoze version in.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
or you could download the 30 trial versions for mac and enter in your product code

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.