• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

New iPods

Reaction score
Completed Coverage:

http://www.engadget.com/2007/09/05/steve-jobs-live-apples-the-beat-goes-on-special-event/

Confirmed on Engadget.com of the new ipod that we've been seeing "spyshots" of....

El-Jobso just dropped news that the whole iPod lineup is getting a refresh or replace -- including the nano. Apparently those "spy photos" weren't too far off, as the new nanos look almost identical to what we've seen. The new units will include 2-inch screens with QVGA resolution, which apparently boast the same look as the iPod video. The new screen has the highest pixel density the company has ever shipped, and apparently the extra-wide players will sport an "enhanced" UI with a version of Cover Flow. The nano will come bundled with three games, including a circular-Arkanoid rip-off called Vortex. Additionally, a Product (RED) version of the player is on its way, along with the multi-color standard models.

Looks like apple changed the package to the shuffle... looks chubbier, kinda look like the new ipods

So, while the apple store is down right now...... who is ordering the new ipod?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15", 3.06 GHz, 4GB DDR3 SDRAM, 500GB SATA hard drive, 8gb iPhone
Fans who wanted an ipod with touch screen have their prayers answered!!

and yeah, it had built in wifi..

picture5na2.jpg

Well, what do you know. Turns out the iPod Touch is a reality after all. While we initially assumed that Mr. Jobs wouldn't be so kind as to bless us all with two new full-fledged iPods in a single day, we're elated that he had other ideas. The new flagship iPod has "the same size screen as the iPhone, but it's even thinner" (eight-millimeters, for those taking notes), and it also touts the "same multi-touch interface" found on the the firm's handset. Additionally, it boasts a 3.5-inch widescreen display, the ability to "flick through your photos," and you even get the "slide to unlock" feature, too. And yes, this thing actually has WiFi.

Link : http://www.engadget.com/2007/09/05/ipod-touch-gets-official/

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I'm quite surprised Apple came out with this. Wouldn't this cannibalize iPhone sales? Though I guess if you're going to lose sales, you might as well lose them to yourself.

This is pretty cool for people who wanted an iPhone without the phone. I'm pretty sure my brother will get one of these since he can't get the iPhone

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad 32 GB 3G
I'd like one of these, but since I have 4 working mp3 players already, not to mention a cell phone, gps reciever, and PDA that can play mp3s as well, I'm thinking I probably don't need one......but.....but.....WiFI......
:(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 MDD dual 1ghz, 2 gigs RAM; 5.5G iPod, 2G iPod Shuffle
8 or 16 gig models for $299 or $399? No thanks. I'll keep my iPod "Classic"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
I'd like one of these, but since I have 4 working mp3 players already, not to mention a cell phone, gps reciever, and PDA that can play mp3s as well, I'm thinking I probably don't need one......but.....but.....WiFI......
:(

Exactly, I have a nano, Palm and phone, I don't need an iPod Touch... but....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook, 2.16GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM
The iPhone has gone down considerably in price, which is great, but I still wouldn't buy it.

It's better than the new iPod Touch though, since that one doesn't have the phone capabilities. While I hardly use phones, I still think the iPhone is better than the iPod Touch. I have no need for all that stuff on the iPod Touch to be portable (especially without a phone). It's nice that Apple is coming out with all these new products and updates, but some of the stuff was unnecessary. That Starbucks thing especially.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video
Exactly, I have a nano, Palm and phone, I don't need an iPod Touch... but....

I know the feeling... I'd love a Touch however I have a working 60Gig iPod with Applecare.. I can go without...Maybe.....My cell phone is an old SE Z600 so maybe if I wait for the iPhone I can have the best of both worlds when it finally gets here to Norway

That way I won't have to verify and Repair too many Permissions with the wife 

Reaction score
The phoneless iPhone, with Safari and WiFi! Thanks Apple! Couldn't have asked for more. Others may prefer more than 16 GB, but I don't mind.

Now let's hack it and get IM and email on it.

I'm pretty excited about this. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, MBP
It's nice for sure...but why the heck doesn't it have a weather, notes, and stocks icons like the iPhone does?? Seems to me that it should incorporate everything the iPhone has minus the phone feature.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
@kilted: How'd you get that special apple character?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple is there for the consumer.

Just because they have the iphone out doesn't mean they are out for the music fans

this is great news for everyone!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It's nice for sure...but why the heck doesn't it have a weather, notes, and stocks icons like the iPhone does?? Seems to me that it should incorporate everything the iPhone has minus the phone feature.

I'm sure you will be able to download widgets in the future, plenty of space in the main menu

I think we should be glad such a device is out already, even though the iphone is out , apple still decided to go ahead and release such a device

Things like weather, stock, notes are very much suited for business people, which is exactly what the iphone is aimed at.

Whereas the ipod touch is more of an entertainment device for music and ipod lovers. i'm sure because of the wifi feature safari was added. It's a device to enjoy music and watch music videos or shows.

Iphone is your business and entertainment device, ipod touch..the next gen ipod :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, MBP
I think your right about downloading widgets...hence all the space available as noted.

Newbee question....can you pair the iPodtouch with your home wirless network?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It has normal Wi-Fi, so you should be able to connect it to any Wi-Fi network, provided you have the password to those that are secure.

I was just thinking. This thing TOTALLY blows the Zune out of the water. The Zune's Wi-Fi was essentially useless, whereas the Touch's is exactly what Wi-Fi on a portable should be like. Once the storage is ramped up, the Zune is going exactly where every other "iPod killer" has ended up :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24-inch iMac, 2.8GHz Intel Core 2 Extreme, 1 TB HD, 4 GB RAM
The iPhone has gone down considerably in price, which is great, but I still wouldn't buy it.

I'm not aware of any price drop for the iPhone and I just bought one yesterday.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It was announced today. Price went down like $200. If I were you, find out if you can get credit for the difference since you just bought it yesterday. If that doesn't work, return it and then buy it again for the lower price :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum iMac 24" Core 2 Duo 4gb RAM
for me, a recent switcher, this means I get rid of my last MS device.

I am now selling my Dell x51v PDA to get the iPod touch.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.