decided to switch

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook 2 Ghz C2D, 2 Gb RAM, 120 Gb Hd, 2 gig black nano
I did not make the purchase yet but I have my sights on the dual 1.8 ghz Power Mac G5. My question is, are the rumors true about the dual 3.0 ghz machine coming out? If so when do u think it will be out? Should I just hold off a few months and wait so see what pans out? Do u think the prices will fall? Thanks for your input :confused:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
It's all guess work... If you are ok with what you have now, waiting a bit could make some sense if all out performance is really important. I personally didn't wanna wait, so here I am with my G4 :D and I am totally pleased with it's performance

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
captainstabbin said:
I did not make the purchase yet but I have my sights on the dual 1.8 ghz Power Mac G5. My question is, are the rumors true about the dual 3.0 ghz machine coming out? If so when do u think it will be out? Should I just hold off a few months and wait so see what pans out? Do u think the prices will fall? Thanks for your input :confused:

The prices may fall slightly, but probably not by a tremendous amount. As far as waiting is concerned, there will always be another machine on its way, it's just a matter of how long you "wait". I bought my iBook towards the very end of its life-cycle, and the G4's were introduced about 4 months later. At first I was a bit disappointed, but when I thought about it, I enjoyed using my machine for those 4 months, and there is no way I would have wanted to wait for a new one. I'm very happy with my purchase, and wouldn't change anything if I could go back and do it over again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.