• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Popular Science Mac article

T

todd51

My dad has a subscription to popular science and told me there was an article in the new issue he got about the new intel-based laptops for macintosh. He said there were some cool little programs that had to do with teh hard drive sensor. Did anyone read this? I went to the popular science website and couldn't find anything related to the article.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I'm not sure if this is what you mean, but there is a little app called Mac Saber. Its fairly useless, but still sorta fun.
:black:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
sounds cool
-chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.2ghz, 3GB, 250GB - 16GB White iPhone 3G - 2nd Gen 1GB Shuffle
slyseeker said:
Slapbook is cool BUT,
"OCEANCUBED Very good utilisation of the SMS feature, full stars for all features, but be careful!

I installed this a while back on my Macbook Pro, all was fine for 4 days, then the mac wouldn't boot up.

Took it to the local APple Centre, who told me after running their test etc, that the Hard Drive heads had crashed into the discs. They asked, "Had the laptop been jolted or dropped recently?"

Obviously I didn't tell them I had been slapping my Macbook Pro around, and luckily I now have a brand new Macbook Pro, thanks to AppleCare.

Might have just been my machine that was faulty, but take heed! "

Pulled right off the site you posted. I dont think i will be using it on my MacBook

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.