Add A Display

H

Ha_ze

Hey Everyone...

I have a new Black MacBook and i'm trying to add a second LCD display to the side.

I'v bought the adapter, have it all set up and the screen keep dropping in and out, but i can move windows over there.

Is there a setting I'm missing? You think the adapter is blown? I don't think it's the display, it worked on my PC yesterday, but the HD crashed so I took the whole setup for the book...

Any Ideas??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
so your secondary monitor is showing an image and then crapping out and showing nothing?? andthen coming back again?

i can think of 3 things (or more if i list more)
your adaptor is bad
your connections are bad
your monitor is bad
your video out on your macbook is bad

if it is the last one bring it to your local apple store and seek a replacement macbook. to figure out what the problem is, hoook your monitor up too a different computer, if it works its not your monitor. check all your connections, make sure everything is screwed in (just plugged isnt enough on any computer, those screws are there for a reason).

-chris

OP
H

Ha_ze

I'm not sure what it was, but it's all working now, the resolution is off (ALOT) but it was really just experimental, so it's good

This LCD is like 4 or 5 years old, what can u expect?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.