Black Mac

zal

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
BackMac Book 2Ghz Duo-Core, iMac G3(running Os X)
Hi guys, just got my new Mac Book. I have the new 2. ghz black model. First question: i'm having trouble getting alot of software to work. is there a place to get DuoCore copatible software?

Reaction score
What software is not working?

All or almost all Mac software will run on the core duo, thanks to Rosetta emulation.

And most frequently used apps are already universal (i.e. "DuoCore copatible").

So what's the troublemaker?

M

McNewbie

The preinstalled apps should run perfectly. Maybe try a reinstall and a clean install, maybe some of the bloatware is taking too much RAM making your system run slower.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
zal said:
Hi guys, just got my new Mac Book. I have the new 2. ghz black model. First question: i'm having trouble getting alot of software to work. is there a place to get DuoCore copatible software?

By DuoCore software, do you mean Universal Binaries that will work on a Mac with a PPC or an Intel Chip? What software are you having trouble with and is it a Mac version of that software?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4/ 15.2"/ 1.67 ghz/ 2 gb RAM/ ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 (128 mb RAM)/ 100 gb hdd@ 5400 RPM
Have you installed all of the updates?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook 12" G4, 30 GB, 768 MB RAM. iPod 5G 30GB.
Maybe hes trying to install windows applications?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
McNewbie said:
The preinstalled apps should run perfectly. Maybe try a reinstall and a clean install, maybe some of the bloatware is taking too much RAM making your system run slower.

worst recomendation ever, reinstalling is the last step you ever need to take in osx. there is no real 'bloatware' on your computer either.

just let us know what you are trying to install by telling us more information next time you create a new thread

OP
Z

zal

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
BackMac Book 2Ghz Duo-Core, iMac G3(running Os X)
its none of the software that came bundled with it, and its NOT windows software, i've been using macs for all my life, this is just the first one i've owned. i can't get AOL instant messenger to install, there were some other apps, but i forgot what they were. ayways i just realized i can get the tabbed feature on my iChat client, so i won't be switching. thanks for the help

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
On the AIM front, try iChat. I much prefer it to AIM's client. If you don't like that, try Adium.

Opps, just caught the end of your message. iChat is very nice. I use it for all my AIM friends. I use Adium for everything else.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody Macbook 2.0, Blackberry Bold (Good Riddance iPhone)
AOL and AIM are not running correctly on Intel macs at the moment. They have yet to universal and do not run correctly under Rosetta. iChat is a good client but Adium is the program that most of us prefer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
dtravis7 said:
On the AIM front, try iChat. I much prefer it to AIM's client. If you don't like that, try Adium.

Opps, just caught the end of your message. iChat is very nice. I use it for all my AIM friends. I use Adium for everything else.

I second Adium. I use it in lieu of iChat because I also use Yahoo Messenger which I do not believe iChat supports.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 1.83GHz, 1.5GB RAM
Mattlike said:
I second Adium. I use it in lieu of iChat because I also use Yahoo Messenger which I do not believe iChat supports.
You can use Yahoo, but it's just a really round-about way. You have to connect up to a Jabber server that has Yahoo support, or something like that. In any case, Adium simplifies everything, and is aesthetically customizable too. I third it :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
slyydrr said:
You can use Yahoo, but it's just a really round-about way. You have to connect up to a Jabber server that has Yahoo support, or something like that. In any case, Adium simplifies everything, and is aesthetically customizable too. I third it :)
Haha thanks, I was unaware of this. But like you said, Adium simplifies things. :black:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.