• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

MultMonitorWallpaper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro5.1,Dual2.4GHzXeon,10.13.6,4x6TB HD,128GB Mem,Dual 32" monitors
This app allows one to take any high resolution picture and span it over two monitors. I took one of the High Sierra wallpapers and spanned both of my 32" monitors, see pic;
HomeOffice.jpg

Carl

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
It looks like it simply takes the wallpaper and stretches it out sideways, Play-doh style, which grossly distorts the picture in the process. At least that's my impression comparing the original wallpaper to what your computer shows. Thanks but no thanks.

OP
carlhataway
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro5.1,Dual2.4GHzXeon,10.13.6,4x6TB HD,128GB Mem,Dual 32" monitors
Judgement

It looks like it simply takes the wallpaper and stretches it out sideways, Play-doh style, which grossly distorts the picture in the process. At least that's my impression comparing the original wallpaper to what your computer shows. Thanks but no thanks.

I just love people like you . . . quick to judge without knowing what it's all about.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I just love people like you . . . quick to judge without knowing what it's all about.
What exactly do you mean by this comment. It seems unnecessary to me.

I can't tell for sure from your picture whether the desktop wallpaper is distorted or not. Personally, if it distorts the image it's of little interest to me. If it doesn't distort the picture that might be something people are interested in knowing.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
And that's about enough..

@carlhataway, read the guidelines in my signature, especially the one about insulting other members to abide by them..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.