• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Think this may ever happen?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" iMac G5- 1.8Ghz - 1GB of Ram - AND - 17" Intel Core 2 Duo iMac - 2Ghz - 1GB of Ram
:tusks: I know this is a long shot, but I got to thinking last night while looking at reviews for the Xbox 360. What if Apple made a gaming console? Do you think this will ever happen? I got to thinking that this may not be that far off as a possibility. Microsoft has the Xbox, and even though Apple hasnt focused on the "Home Gaming Console" I still think it would be pretty cool. I could only imagine what kind of inovations Apple would come up with to make its product a "must have." :) Either way, I think it would be the :bomb:!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13 Inch, 2 Mac Mini's 1.66 & 1.83, 2- iMac Intel i3 iPhone 4 & iPad 2 32 gig.
I would prefer them entering either the PDA market again, or a cell phone like the Treo. I guess I'm just a diehard PlayStation fan who is eagerly awaiting the PS3.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
apple tried making a game console, it never made it past beta. Anyone got pics. post now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle
here you go
pippinb.jpg

M

Magic Wok

That controller, looks like it was the inspiration for both the current PS3 boomerang design and the 360 controller... LOL

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody Macbook 2.0, Blackberry Bold (Good Riddance iPhone)
Wow, I had no idea they attempted that. Makes me wonder exactly what Steve inhaled in the past.

Reaction score
I think they onlay marketed it, they didn't actually make it. But as we know, Apple used to have a horribly huge lineup of large products no-one wanted. Then skimmed down to 5 computers plus the iPod.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
eMac 1gb RAM 80gb HD, Superdrive, iPod video 30gb
Apparently the Apple Newton (the pda) did really well and was quite good for it's time. if the rumors about Apple and Intel working on something other than a Computer for once are true I would say it may be a gaming console or some sort of really cool handheld, especially since the Nano is being re-designed in september...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
HERE is more on the Apple Game console.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.