Can't Bulk-Save Size-Adjusted Images in Preview (Must Re-Save 1-by-1!)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" i9 (2019) Monterey. MBP 13" (2011) High Sierra. iPhone 6S+. Canon TS5051 Printer.
I highlight all (on the left side-bar) and size-adjust multiple images in Preview, then Save. BUT when I try to close the Preview window I am frustratingly prompted to Save each and every image (to close the Preview window) which should have been bulk-adjusted in size/orientation/whatever. There is no 'Save All' option. Only seems to have started doing this with the Sierra upgrade. Snow Leopard was fine. Anyone else notice this? Any solution? Thanks.

P.S. I checked the many Youtube videos for this simple operation but my Mac simply does not follow their routine and simple procedure. What could this glitch be caused by?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Did you try holding down the "Option" key when you pressed Save?

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" i9 (2019) Monterey. MBP 13" (2011) High Sierra. iPhone 6S+. Canon TS5051 Printer.
Did you try holding down the "Option" key when you pressed Save?

I still don't get it. I select all, resize all, save all (I tried both the 'File' drop-down box, alt (option) key & cmd-key) ... then try to close the preview window ... but it prompts me to save each and every file, one by one, until it will finally close the box. With a lot of files this takes ages!

It seems not to be acting as it should and as YouTube videos instruct. Is there any further action I could take, short of booking in with an Apple shop for assessment? Thanks.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks. The App Store had some problem today that I could not download your App.

(7 Sep) Post with App link has disappeared. Can members delete their own posts?

Last edited:
Reaction score
I resize 50 to 300 images every day for the work that I do. Preview crashes when the number of images get high. I use Photobulk. It's simple and fast and doesn't seem to have a problem with the number of images.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
What about if you try Apple+Q”(Quit)? Try it with only two files at first, to see if it works?

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I open 4 images. Resize. Save all. All are thumbnails highlighted in blue (but system keeps switching them off). X window off ... then have to save - save - save (3 out of 4 ... the last one it seems saves automatically) -- just to get rid of the window. Snow Leopard saved all seamlessly. The price of progress.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
What about if you try Apple+Q”(Quit)? Try it with only two files at first, to see if it works?

Ok ... I get ... "You have 4 Preview documents with unconfirmed changes. Do you want to review these changes before quitting?" YES! It closes the **** window. Why the F does MacOS High Sierra think I need to re-check all the changes I just made? A better prompt would be "Have you saved a copy of your original image" prior to resizing.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.