Menu Bar

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" IMAC with an M1 chip &16 GB Memory
When I am in full screen the Menu Bar only shows when I take the cursor to the top of the page. How do I get the menu bar to stay on all the time without moving the cursor to the top?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP Retina mid 2015 15.4" 16GB 2.5 GHz OS Monterey; iPhone 12 128gb; iPad Mini 5, 64gb
You can't when in full screen mode because that's what it is - full screen.

M

MacInWin

But you can open the app in a window and then drag the edges of the window to fill as much of the screen as you can, which will give you ALMOST a full screen display and the menu bar.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
You have two options. Enter Full Screen or Exit Full Screen.

I nhate bto tell you this but they are the only two options.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
You have two options. Enter Full Screen or Exit Full Screen.

I nhate bto tell you this but they are the only two options.

Unless of course one was to use Jake's suggestion for ALMOST full screen mode. :Smirk:

- Patrick
======

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
This used to bug me as well. But, there's really no value in being able to see the Menu Bar at the top while I am typing or reading content in the window. And, of course, when I do need the Menu Bar, it appears as soon as I move my cursor up there. I'm acquainted enough with the order of things that I can almost go the the right spot to get the one I want without being able to see it ahead of time.

Another option is to hit the Esc key to exit full screen mode, making the Menu Bar appear. Then when you're done using it, hit the green button to go back to full screen. It is however not an option, as mentioned above, to redesign how full screen mode works, at least not for users who are not software engineers. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Another option is to hit the Esc key to exit full screen mode, making the Menu Bar appear.

Except for those with some of the latest Mac portables that lack the Esc key or it disappears from the bar. :\

But for those with it still available, I thought hitting the esc key always took the full screen back to the original smaller size window. At least it does on my Macs.

- Patrick
======

M

MacInWin

Patrick, you are correct on the Esc key, as is toMACsh. The Esc key exits full screen back to whatever the window was before full screen was invoked. And the menu bar appears.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.