MacForums insecure connection?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.9GHz i7, 16GB DDR, 512GB, OSX 10.11.6
Hello all

When I try to log in to MacForums (using Firefox 53.0.3(64 bit) , I get the "insecure connection" warning?

I haven't logged in for a while, but never had this problem with this site, before?
Have I done something wrong? Or is there an issue?
I bypassed the warning page* and logged in, anyway, to post here (and in another sub-forum).

Thanks. CB

* Link to Firefox warning page:

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/insecure-password-warning-firefox?as=u&utm_source=inproduct

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Mac-Forums doesn't use HTTPS, just regular HTTP. Will take it up with appropriate people here..

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Switch browsers. I no longer trust anything from Mozilla especially Firefox. No problem with our site using Safari, Chrome, Opera, etc.

OP
cowbrain
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac-Forums doesn't use HTTPS, just regular HTTP. Will take it up with appropriate people here..

Thanks, Raz0rEdge. But, I don't wish to cause any headaches, I'm very fond of MacForums and grateful for the work you have all put into it. It's a godsend for those of us with limited technical knowledge, who need help. I may take up chscag's suggestion (below) and use that as a workaround.

Switch browsers. I no longer trust anything from Mozilla especially Firefox. No problem with our site using Safari, Chrome, Opera, etc.

Thanks. I may switch to Safari for this site, then. But, I should point out that Firefox seems to be working well for all my other internet usage?
Safari used to be my regular browser of choice. Can't recall what made me change, but I've been using Firefox for years without issues. (Famous last words?)(Touching wood!)

Thanks again for your replies. Much appreciated.
Best wishes, CB

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan

I'd agree and also suggest the same thing and use Safari, unless one is trying to access some odd site where Safari doesn't work.

Patrick
=====

OP
cowbrain
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'd agree and also suggest the same thing and use Safari, unless one is trying to access some odd site where Safari doesn't work.

Patrick
=====

Thanks, Patrick.

Well, here I am on Safari, now - and signed in without any issues.
Problem solved!

Many thanks to all for your help.
Best wishes. CB

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Thanks for the link Harry. Back in ancient times when I was dual booting Windows and Linux I used Firefox on Linux and loved it. Of course back then anything was better than Internet Explorer! ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Ahh for the days of Netscape Navigator!!!!!

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
NCSA Mosaic FTW..;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.