NG Media Player for Mac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook Air 2018 macOS Monterey 8GB RAM 250 GB SSD
I see ads for this lately, and I've never heard of it before. I wonder how safe it is? I read the EULA and it mentions VLC. Does anyone have any experience with this?

http://www.ngmacplayer.com/lp1/index.html is the URL.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
I haven't used it, and I really haven't tried any other media players since I started using VLC. Why do you feel you need this? VLC works exactly the same.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
I use VLC also. It has always had all the codex for any video I have ever come across and plays them all. It is an awesome free product.

Lisa

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I see your point, but my sister just purchased a new iMac and her sister-in-law asked her to view an Easter service on her church's Website, and this thing came up, and she downloaded it, but thought better of it, and didn't install it. We wondered if it is a problem. I can't find much on Google about it.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
If you do download it and install it be CAREFUL as it asks you to install Mackeeper and other rubbish. I must have clicked something in rushing through the 5-7 offers it asked me about and clicked and Mackeeper was on my system. I got rid of that FAST!

I tried it on a Quad Core i7 iMac with 32 GB RAM and it seemed laggy and the slider would not work to advance the video. Might be an issue with Sierra and it as I am running a Test Beta of Sierra.

VLC works GREAT and plays everything. Just get and install VLC!

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks dtravis7. That's all I need to know. VLC it is!

Reaction score
I was looking for a Media Player and saw these ads by NG Media Player - so I tried it. The software itself has a nice interface and it's very easy to use, the only thing I was missing is the subtitle support.
Regarding the ads I just skipped most of them (there was one good application which I actually needed - PDF Expert) so no issues there.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.