Inserting a photo onto another photo

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" IMAC with an M1 chip &16 GB Memory
I have downloaded a dummy Drivers License to my desktop and a photo of my grandson also. I would like to make a dummy license for his birthday by inserting his photo onto the license. Is there an easy way to perform this maneuver?

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
You can do what you need with the Preview app available with OS X (macOS). Open both images (drivers license and your grandsons photo) by double-clicking on them. You will now have to two windows. By default, Preview will give you a "select" tool so go ahead and click somewhere on your grandson's photo and while holding down drag to create a box. Release when the box is sufficiently sized. You will now have dots across the box which allow you to resize the box to better grab what you need.

Once you've gotten the appropriate box created, hit CMD+c to copy the selected portion. Switch to the other window with the drivers license and hit CMD+v to paste the selection. You should now be able to move the cursor over the pasted image (which should change to a small hand) and move it around to the right place. You will get those dots around the image again and can resize (within reason).

Now just save the drivers license image and you're done..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP Retina mid 2015 15.4" 16GB 2.5 GHz OS Monterey; iPhone 12 128gb; iPad Mini 5, 64gb
You can do it in Pages by creating a blank document then dragging both images onto the page.
* place the driving licence image where you want it
* go to 'Arrange'
* click on the portrait
* under 'Object Placement', click 'Front'.

Resize the portrait from the corners to fit the licence format and drag into place.

Save and print.

This is a very rough example (my dog and greenery).
Screen Shot 2017-04-11 at 17.17.30.jpg

Can also be done with a purchased programme such as Photoshop or Photoshop Elements.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP Retina mid 2015 15.4" 16GB 2.5 GHz OS Monterey; iPhone 12 128gb; iPad Mini 5, 64gb

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" IMAC with an M1 chip &16 GB Memory
I waited until my granddaughter came here after school and let her do it. I spent 2 1/2 hours screwing around with it and she completed it in about 10 minutes. Thanks for the replies. Just getting too old to worry about things like this anymore.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Looks like both of your cats are of the "Grey Tiger" variety? I have one that's a long haired black Angora. Now going on 15 years old. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Left is Cleo, a conventional dark tabby (black with tawny markings); Marley is a silver tabby.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.