DO nog find Outlook mail under my Sharing options

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 11.3 15, iMac 21 iPhone i6
I have a Macbook Pro with Sierra OS. When I want to share a photo from Photos or Preview, I cannot use Microsoft Outlook mail which is my default mail application, however when I make Mail the default it is there. How do I add Outlook to my options under Sharing?

Deon

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air Mid-2012 / iMac Retina 5K Late-2014

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I have a Macbook Pro with Sierra OS. When I want to share a photo from Photos or Preview, I cannot use Microsoft Outlook mail which is my default mail application, however when I make Mail the default it is there. How do I add Outlook to my options under Sharing?

Deon

Instead of messing with Outlook, use OneDrive which you already have if you're using Outlook. Just load the Photos to the "Photos Folder" on OneDrive and from there you can share them with your other computers you own as long as they too have OneDrive installed. I routinely share files that way using OneDrive and it works even while I'm away from my main Mac at my office.

Since you mentioned Mail, are you referring to attaching Photos to your Outlook mail?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air Mid-2012 / iMac Retina 5K Late-2014
Instead of messing with Outlook, use OneDrive which you already have if you're using Outlook. Just load the Photos to the "Photos Folder" on OneDrive and from there you can share them with your other computers you own as long as they too have OneDrive installed. I routinely share files that way using OneDrive and it works even while I'm away from my main Mac at my office.

Since you mentioned Mail, are you referring to attaching Photos to your Outlook mail?

Sharing via Mail (whether system Mail or Outlook or other) would mean emailing the photos. So, I'm taking it that's exactly what the OP wants and isn't focused on sharing them with their own other computers.

Outlook doesn't support Mac extensions, and won't unless enough people ask for it.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
That's why I asked him if he's referring to attaching the photos to Outlook mail. He wasn't very clear either way.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.