Sansa clipp problem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OS 10.12.6 Sierra
I have a Sansa clipp MP3 player. It now says FAT is corrupted and to connect to my computer. I have done this and gone into Disk Utility several times and carried out various procedures that I have found on the internet. Nothing has worked yet it doesn't appear to be totally "dead". Has anyone had experience of this and knows what to do. It's been a great little MP3 player and I don't know what I've done wrong. I haven't disconnected it without properly ejecting it first so I don't know what's gone wrong. Help please!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You might try reformatting it. Make sure you reformat it as FAT (MS DOS) from Disk Utility. I'm not sure what model Sansa Clipp you have, however, the ones that I have purchased here in the US are cheaply made and do not seem to last very long. Frankly, I have given up on cheap MP3 players and only purchase Apple iPods which seem to hold up better than others do.

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OS 10.12.6 Sierra
Thank you. I have already tried that but to no avail. I use my iPhone now for music on the go, but I did like my little Sansa Clipp!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.