Memory card

Reaction score
Hey,
first of all, sorry for my english, it'snot my native language.

Last sunday I,ve lost my iphone, (ios 10 GM, locked)
So my question:
Is there a possibility that somebody gets my data, photos and so on?

My second question:
What if i would open this iphone 6 and take out the memory card, would i see all the photos if i put it in a pc?
Or is the data on the memory card secured?

Thanks, best regards

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Welcome to our forums.

Sorry to hear about your loss. Do you have "Find My iPhone" activated? If you do, and you can not locate your lost iPhone, do a remote wipe of the phone and then no one can access your data. If you do not have "Find My iPhone" activated, make sure you change all your passwords, credit cards, and whatever else you had on the phone. While it's extremely difficult to get into a locked iPhone, it's not impossible, therefore do not take any chances with any sensitive data or credit cards, bank accounts, and so forth.

As to your second question: There is no memory card in an iPhone 6, only the sim card and that does not have any data stored on it. You can attach the iPhone 6 to your PC and possibly get your photos. As to any other data, you might need a third party app to transfer it to your PC.

OP
H
Reaction score
Thank you for your reply.

So there is no way to open the phone up and take the memory out and use it on another device.
(I mean the memory card where the data is stored 16gb/64gb ..)

So for example my iphone is totally broken and i open it up, take the ssd and put it in another iphone, do i have now access to this data?

Sorry for asking again :p

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
So there is no way to open the phone up and take the memory out and use it on another device.
(I mean the memory card where the data is stored 16gb/64gb ..)

iPhone 6 logic board. No removable memory/storage:

iphone-6-a8-logic-board-640x352.jpg

- Nick

OP
H
Reaction score
Thank you really helpful!
Now i deleted my phone and it said that it's offline so when somebody connects it to the web it'll delete itself?

And my last question regarding the unremovable storage:
Lets say im a tech-expert and can somehow remove the storage, then it's not useable anymore, because it just works with this special logic board?

Really thanks and sorry for this stupid questions

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
And my last question regarding the unremovable storage:
Lets say im a tech-expert and can somehow remove the storage, then it's not useable anymore, because it just works with this special logic board?

Anything is possible. I'm not going to say that the data on the phone that was lost is 100% non-recoverable. If someone has the expertise, the tools, and the motivation...the info could probably be recovered.

But unless you're Donald Trump...why would someone go to that much trouble with your phone??;)

Unfortunately lots of people everyday lose their phones (or have them stolen). And these people manage.

All I can say is...change your passwords on your important accounts. So you don't have any negative financial or personal security fallout.

- Nick

OP
H
Reaction score
Yeah true, just feelin not fine with somebody having all my pictures (no sex pictures :p ), but then again theres facebook where you can find much worse pictures so hey f*** it, im looking forward
For the iphone 7 !

Thanks and have a nice day (night where i am ) :)

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah true, just feelin not fine with somebody having all my pictures (no sex pictures :p )...

You're not alone in this respect. Everyone feels this way when something like this happens.

but then again theres facebook where you can find much worse pictures so hey **** it, im looking forward
For the iphone 7 !

Please be careful with the "bad language" we don't allow that here. Thanks.

Thanks and have a nice day (night where i am ) :)

You too.:)

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.