Mac and TASCAM digital recording decks

Reaction score
Any musicians here who own/use a TASCAM recording deck? I have a DP-01FX, which is a few years old, but still working great for my purposes. I recently upgraded to OS X El Capitan (v 10.11.6), mostly for browser issues, but anyway, when I would connect my TASCAM to my Mac with previous OS versions, the TASCAM drive would appear fairly quickly on the desktop.

Now, with El Capitan, it seems to take forever. In fact, today I waited for over an hour for the TASCAM to appear on the desktop and nothing!!

Out of frustration, I connected the TASCAM to a PC laptop and bingo, it appeared in just seconds. I wrote TASCAM about the issue; we'll see if I get a reply...

Anybody have any feedback on this issue?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16” M1max 32/1tb and bunch of other mac/apple stuff
I don't use tascam but use a lot of major name music gear on my mac, you have to be careful before upgrading the OS particularly with music gear as its notorious for this kind of thing. Even pro tools isn't qualified for the last number of point releases of el capatain, but most of us are running Yosemite and earlier. It'll also depend on that particular piece of hardware's biggest user group, my stuff tends to be mostly Mac users. Is the PC the absolute latest Windows including updates? It's lop sided, I know gear I can't use in Windows 10, but will work in el capatain, and vice versa. The best thing to do, is always always, check the site for your gear/software, and make sure it's been qualified for your OS path.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.