Mac support access

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini OS X El Capitan 2.6 Ghz i GB 1 TB
I tried Chat but I'm guessing they do not work on Sunday. Perhaps someone here will know.

If I am talking to a support person and she looks at my computer using my iCloud access method, will that show up among my activities as an activity from an IP address other than my own.

To explain: The support person asked to view my computer using iCloud. Find. A day later, I got a warning that there was activity on my computer coming from an address other than my own. I got to wondering if that would happen when the support person looked at my computer. Is it possible?

Or, second thought. Would Apple doing a backup cause that?

I can't seem to bring that back so I can look at it again. It did mention "jecko". I do know what jecko is and there had also been an update there.

Thank you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
I think we will need a lot more information. Who or what was the support person you were letting access your computer. What was the reason you were letting a support person access your computer? Did you have to provide any username or password to the support person to access your computer through iCloud????

I know of no iCloud support access method that is needed to access your computer and the fact you got a message saying there was an access from another ip address concerns me.

If you could provide more information that would be helpful. Also if you gave out any passwords I would strongly suggest you change them now.

The only time I have ever gotten a message of access to my iCloud account has been when I accessed it from a new device of mine and I expect that. There is a reason Apple does that - to protect your files in the cloud. Backing up your files to your iCloud account will not trigger any warning that I know of.

If you could provide more details that could help.

Lisa

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
One, I called Apple.Support. She did not call me or send me any message. Two, she really didn't succeed anyway. I found in my activity records that this is because she was misspelling my name - my real first name, not my user name. And, no she did not ask for any password and I did not give her any. I'd simply asked her to guide me through an update, which she did once she understood what I needed. She first thought I was saying the computer was refusing to update. I had to explain again that it was only me wanting the guidance. I think I am fine now but I do have a message into Apple Chat to be sure.

Thank you for helping. I do appreciate it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
I guess I got confused with your indicating she "used my iCloud access method" which I did not take to mean you were trying to update.

Sorry for the confusion.

Lisa

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I guess I got confused with your indicating she "used my iCloud access method" which I did not take to mean you were trying to update.

Sorry for the confusion.

Lisa

Not at all. Probably how I said it. I had also confused the Apple lady. That is why she wanted to take a look and see if she could figure out the problem. All is well now. Apple updated and restarted.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Hazel often scammers send a message to ring a certain number claiming it is Apple and take charge of your computer. It was the Apple Support phone number?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.