• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Spring has sprung??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2010 MBP 13, 8 gig mem, 2 int disks 500gig SSD, 1Tb SSHD . 2010 iMac, 8 gig, 2 Tb SSHD. iMac M1
The grass has rizz and the world looks beautiful today.

We had a walk around what we call 'the block' a little earlier and at the high point there is a wonderful view

With Carcassonne tucked just below the Pyranese

And the almond blossom against the mountains and blue sky is incredible

Shame about the dammed caterpillars though, but my traps are working well !!

I nearly forgot to say that the caterpillars are pine processionary caterpillars. They are not a good thing to have in the garden, in fact, they can be bleedin dangerous!!! Just google them..

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Thanks for the awesome photos.:) Great to see what things look like around you in your "corner of the world".

Gonna be a bit before Spring shows up here.:( But looking forward to it when it does.:)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Hi John - thanks for the beautiful photos - had to look up your place of residence in southern France - satellite map added below - you are close to the Pyrenees Mtns and the little principality of Andorra - assume they are 'bilingual' there? Is there an official language? Dave :)

Screen Shot 2016-02-21 at 6.21.41 PM.png

OP
Jonzjob
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2010 MBP 13, 8 gig mem, 2 int disks 500gig SSD, 1Tb SSHD . 2010 iMac, 8 gig, 2 Tb SSHD. iMac M1
Ta for you comments folks. We love it here and that view hasn't lessened for us in the 11 years we have lived here.

It always surprises me just how far south we are. Just a bit further than Nice and Cannes. The Pyrenees are about 80 miles south and the ones we see are up to about 15,000 ft high. It felt as if you could reach out and touch them yesterday! And to think that during WW2 escaped POWs and downed aircrew used to walk over them to escape to Spain in beyond belief?

As for Carcassonne. It is supposed to have been the idea for the castle in Disneys Castle. http://www.creme-de-languedoc.com/Languedoc/city-guides/carcassonne.php

It may be a surprise that even although it's a real big tourist trap there are some superb restaurants in the Cité. It's a live cité and about 850 people live there.

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
John do you know the rest of that little poem? It goes; Ode to Spring

“Spring has sprung,

The Grass has riz,

I wonder where the birdies is?

The little bird is on the wing,

But that’s absurd!

Because the wing is on the bird!”

There are controversies but the saying is attributed the most to Frederic Ogden Nash (August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971), an American poet best known for writing pithy and funny light verse.

Just thought I'd add to our enormous wealth of combined knowledge. Beautiful looking spot, thanks for the photos.:)

OP
Jonzjob
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I remember it well Rod, but not who the author was. I have just had a look at some of his other stuff and like it!!

I'll bet you wish it were your spring again mate? Ever heard of Bullengarook? Out near Gisborn. My sis and B-in-Law used to live there. They are up in Lawrence, NSW now.

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
Yep, I know Bullengarook I am from Victoria originally but I'm not to concerned about spring there cause I live in Bali, Indonesia. We get around us Aussies eh?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Air 2 64GB, 8GB iPod, 2GB iPod
JonzJobBeautiful shots of the country side. Around 1974 while I was in the US Navy I was fortunate to visit the area and went skiing in Andora. It was stunning. Although I'm not much of a skier I had a great time.

Kenny

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.