Print Shop for MAC 2 with Creativity Collection

Reaction score
I just purchased this software, Print Shop for MAC with Creativity Collection 2. It is very user unfriendly. I am used to using Print Shop 23 for PC. It was easy to use. Is there an older version of Print Shop for Mac that is user friendly? Please advise.

Muchos gracias!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Tell us exactly what you wish to use Print Shop for and we will be happy to suggest alternatives. There are several very friendly and easy to use programs for the Mac which are similiar to Print Shop. We have no idea if an older version of Print Shop is available that you can use since you failed to tell us any info about which Mac you have and what version of OS X you're running.

OP
M
Reaction score
Print Shop for Mac

Tell us exactly what you wish to use Print Shop for and we will be happy to suggest alternatives. There are several very friendly and easy to use programs for the Mac which are similiar to Print Shop. We have no idea if an older version of Print Shop is available that you can use since you failed to tell us any info about which Mac you have and what version of OS X you're running.

I have an i-Mac 21.5"with El Capitan OS X version 10.11.1. I will just be using this program for casual use of printing letter heads, and envelopes. Nothing too technical. That is why I want a more user friendly version of software. The older Print Shop for my PC was very usable, whereas this version for Mac is way too technical and not easy to use. Often, there is free downloads of older versions of software. How do I know if they are safe to download? Please advise.

Thank you for your reply.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If you have a new iMac 21.5" (2012 or newer), then you received a free copy of Pages along with Numbers and Keynote. Pages is not only a word processor, but is also a very capable layout program that can do what Print Shop does. It also comes with many easy to use templates for letter heads, envelopes, and many others. The Mac App Store also has other programs which are much superior and easier to use than Print Shop. I use a program called iStudio Publisher for all of my layout work. That program is only $18.00 from the Mac App Store. As far as I know, there are no free older downloads of Print Shop and any web site that would offer it is likely a pirate site and definitely not safe.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Wow, I have used the old Print Shop for Mac that broderbund developed, but it was for old PPC Macs and old vintage OS versions and it now seems to be for Windows only these days.

Like chscag says, you can do a fair bit with Pages even though I find it a bit awkward to use, (but then again I always liked the old non-supported and PPC or Rosetta needed (10.6.8 last) AppleWorks).

And just a suggestion, when contemplating a Mac application, maybe try reading the reviews at html://macupdate.com and they will often suggest alternates for you to consider using.

In your particular print shop case:
http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/20515/the-print-shop

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.