Music on an SD Card

Reaction score
I've noted a couple of posts on the subject of copying mp3 files to an SD Card from iTunes. I don't have any problem with the copying but when I try to play them on my 2DIN in-dash unit, the player stops after each file is played.
I'm certain the media player should normally play continuously.
The dash unit is a WINCE 6 device and my mac is a 21" iMac, running OS 10.10.4. The SD Card has been formatted on the mac in FAT32.
I seem to be missing metadata too as the media player shows artist and album details as "unknown", whereas a file emailed to me by a Windows colleague does show this info.
Any suggestions would be gratefully accepted.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Insert your SD card into your PC's SD card reader.
Click "Open folder to view files" when the Windows Auto Play box pops up on your screen. ...
Drag the SD card's open file window to the right side of the screen.
Click Start and then "Computer."
Navigate to the local folder where your music is stored on your PC.

Well, the OP is using a Mac computer - ;)

@ letrabob - I'm assuming that you mean iTunes on your Mac computer - correct? If so, do the files there show the metadata? Also, I would suggest setting up a playlist w/ the MP3 files desired and then doing a transfer. Dave :)

OP
L
Reaction score
@ Dave — Yes, iTunes on my Mac and as mentioned some Metadata missing. My solution was to use the files in the iTunes Music folder, rather than exporting out of iTunes. Somehow that solved the continuous play problem.
Just to be sure, I also used an app called "To MP3 Converter". All good now but still in the dark as to why the exported mp3 is different to the file stored by iTunes.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.