Import to iPhoto Fails

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro 2014,iMac 27" Retina Display,iPad Retina Display, iPhone 11
When I try importing Photo's to iPhoto I get the message "The following files could not be imported. The files are in an unrecognized format". This just started happening and I don't know why. I'm importing JPEG Normal files. Any idea how this happened. I don't think I changed any settings in my camera. Any help will be appreciated.

Brian

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Obviously something has changed. It the photo files are in JPEG format, they should import to iPhoto. Try importing the files from your camera by using Image Capture to see what happens. Also check the cable from your camera to your iMac or the SD card if that's what you're using. SD cards are notorious for becoming corrupt.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro 2014,iMac 27" Retina Display,iPad Retina Display, iPhone 11
Obviously something has changed. It the photo files are in JPEG format, they should import to iPhoto. Try importing the files from your camera by using Image Capture to see what happens. Also check the cable from your camera to your iMac or the SD card if that's what you're using. SD cards are notorious for becoming corrupt.
I use Cf Cards and import files to my computer using a card reader. I imported the JPEGS to Adobe Bridge with no problem, with full access for editing. I checked my camera settings and nothing had been changed.
I don't get it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.