New site format

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
RTC = Resistance to change? C'mon Jake, give it a chance.

OP
M

MacInWin

It seems buggy. When I posted the reply, I had a lot of missing symbols with that "we can't find it" symbol. I just don't like the layout. I'm not RTC, but this is not an improvement. Looks like the old URLs back in the 90's.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The format is new. Bryan, myself, and other Mods are in communication with the folks who are responsible for development of the new look. Some of the glitches have already been passed on and we will continue to evaluate and make suggestions. We just need to be patient with the new format and give it a chance. I personally like it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
I am too old for this!!!! But, because I am a sweet and charming person who never complains (my boss is NOT in the room), I will adapt, assimilate, conform - sigh..... ;P Initially, I thought my browser was broke! :Blushing:

Lisa

Edit: When I click on "My Post" it only shows the threads I actually started. Is this permanent or am I missing where to look for ones I posted to?

Reaction score
Scared **** out of me when I first got here. Thought I'd ended up on a PC site.
Don't care for it, but don't think my opinion will change anything.
Carry on.

OP
M

MacInWin

I kind of reminds me of a BBS system I ran back in the late '80's. All white, very bare, minimalist. If you like that sort of plainness, it'll be good. Oh, well, like Craig, I doubt my opinion will change anything either.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
It reminds me of Yosemite! :D Grin

I will get used to it like I did with Yosemite though! Just have to figure out where everything is.

Jake, I ran Renegade BBS from 1992 till into early 2000. I made all menus and screens and worked hard on them. It was very custom and looked different than most BBS's back then.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
OOps, someone mentioned My Posts. Yes, it's only showing the threads I started and not those I replied in. That I GREATLY miss. Made it easier to find my posts and help people.

OP
M

MacInWin

Possible bug: Forum tools and Thread Tools, the boxes appear but no writing them. They show up as my mouse rolls over them, then if I depart to the side, they stay visible. Disappear again if I enter from the top. Yosemite 10.10.4, Safari 8.0.7. I am using Ghostery but no difference with it turned on or off, so the function is in the site, methinks.

SoftWareRevue

iNET Interactive
Reaction score
I am too old for this!!!! But, because I am a sweet and charming person who never complains (my boss is NOT in the room), I will adapt, assimilate, conform - sigh..... ;P Initially, I thought my browser was broke! :Blushing:

Lisa

Edit: When I click on "My Post" it only shows the threads I actually started. Is this permanent or am I missing where to look for ones I posted to?

OOps, someone mentioned My Posts. Yes, it's only showing the threads I started and not those I replied in. That I GREATLY miss. Made it easier to find my posts and help people.

Counters are/were still updating. I think once it has all the info, it should work fine.

SoftWareRevue

iNET Interactive
Reaction score
Possible bug: Forum tools and Thread Tools, the boxes appear but no writing them. They show up as my mouse rolls over them, then if I depart to the side, they stay visible. Disappear again if I enter from the top. Yosemite 10.10.4, Safari 8.0.7. I am using Ghostery but no difference with it turned on or off, so the function is in the site, methinks.
Same thing in Chrome. I'll pass it on to dev. Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
I gather this is why I couldn't connect for ages earlier today.

I finally ended up posting such on your Facebook page which I have since deleted. But I don't know if any mods or admins even look at it.

This is all I could get this morning: (Now let's see if this new attachment thing works any better…)

Screen Shot 2015-08-12 at 8.45.09 AM.png

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Well, like it or not, all things move on and we must move on with them.

I'll get used to it; in the meantime where has the reputation icon gone?

Ian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
We MAY get used to it but for goodness sake install a 'Get New' and 'Search' box. It is woeful.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Well, I'm not sure if this thread is the place to report 'bugs', comments, suggestions, etc.? But for me, one annoyance in the new forum software relates to putting URLs in a post - previously, an URL was pasted into the appropriate dialog box and the same URL was placed between the HTML tags and highlighted which allowed easy replacement w/ a shortened and clearer phrase - now, the cursor ends up at the end of the second URL tag as shown in the image below (arrow) - in the past, the repeat URL in the 'blue box' would be highlighted - I'm sure this could easily be changed - a feature that I liked. Dave :)

Screen Shot 2015-08-12 at 6.02.20 PM.png

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
We MAY get used to it but for goodness sake install a 'Get New' and 'Search' box. It is woeful.

They're both still available Harry. You need to look a bit harder. And by the way, look for email from me to you. ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Well, like it or not, all things move on and we must move on with them.

I'll get used to it; in the meantime where has the reputation icon gone?

Ian

That has the sound of Apple to it with a new OS. ;P

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
Great scott! I would hate to think that my recent comments on the difficulty many people had locating the thumbs up button were entirely responsible for this dramatic change. What a surprise, I was looking at a post on the mobile app and decided to comment on MBP and, POW! A whole new look. Haven't noticed any bugs yet but I agree with dtravis7, the mobile app still has the "subscribed" list but "My Posts" on this site only has the ones I started. Wait! While writing this I clicked on Quick Navigation>"Community Suggestions and Feedback" and found Subscriptions in that menu.
As for the look, well, it's different.
I'm going to press the Subscriptions button now and see what happens.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.