Audio Issues In Quicktime 10.3

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
L2012 Mini, i7 2.6Ghz, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD(fusion), BenQ 32" 2.5k QHD Display
Hey Everyone,
I have ran into issues with my screen recording using Quicktime. My audio has went down the gutter and I couldn't figure out why. Finally I noticed tonight that the Quality option was missing from my Screen Recording option (see below) but not on my standard audio recording option. Any clues to why or how, and can you recommend any other software that will let me record my screen and audio at the same time.

Cheers,
Joe

Screen Shot 2015-06-08 at 12.41.37 AM.png

OP
Exodist
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
L2012 Mini, i7 2.6Ghz, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD(fusion), BenQ 32" 2.5k QHD Display
Looks like I am going to go with iShowU HD Pro. Its little costly, but it was recommend by a few other you tubers for mac and has the features and control I wanted.

But incase I wasn't clear above, QuickTIme was recording great, but sometime around 2 months ago my audio went from crystal clear to sounding muffled down. Couldn't figure out what I done. Bought a 2nd microphone, which I wanted anyway. But never the less had the same muffled audio. Finally just noticed that the QUALITY option was gone from Screen Recording. I double checked the internets and seen a few other people complaining about it vanishing. But no one had any way to correct it. Basically it sounds like I took a 48Khz audio file and compressed it down to 22khz. Which isn't life changing there, but by then time I put it into Final Cut Pro and start compressing the audio and levels, then removing background noise reduction. It quickly goes to complete poo poo....

Anyway this iShowU HD Pro software is in my budget and does everything I need and few things I wished I had sooner..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.