• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

How to create app demo on iPad?

Reaction score
Hey guys!!! Can any one let me know how to make a demo video of an app using iPad? How can I record my iOS screen???

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Connect it to your Mac and use Quicktime to record the iPad screen.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
If you are willing to pay a few $$, then all the Dev's I know, use the professional ScreenFlow 5 . . . Works really well, with cool features, like touch callouts that mimic finger gestures !!
Look around, as it could pop up in a Bundle somewhere, because I got it not long ago, for $39, with 6 other Apps. It was cheaper than upgrading from ScreenFlow 4.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Thanks....but it doesn't seem to be working!!! Something seems off!!! Any ideas?????

We'll ned more specific information to be of any help. What OS are you running on both the computer and device.? What exactly happens when you try.

Here's a description of the recording tip Bobtomay mentioned. It requires Yosemite and IOS 8.

OP
W
Reaction score
We'll ned more specific information to be of any help. What OS are you running on both the computer and device.? What exactly happens when you try.

Here's a description of the recording tip Bobtomay mentioned. It requires Yosemite and IOS 8.

Thanks a millions Slydude!!! Just updated my Mac to OS X Yosemite and the screen recording worked like a charm!!! But that's just the one part that I got right!!! Caz I am also looking to record my voice-over via mic but it seems Quicktime would either capture iOS audio or mic audio....not both simultaneously!!!

Last edited:

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Glad that sorted things out. I think that is the method Bobtomay was getting at in post number two above. When I read his post I went searching for how to do it. I'd never heard of that little trick.

OP
W
Reaction score
If you are willing to pay a few $$, then all the Dev's I know, use the professional ScreenFlow 5 . . . Works really well, with cool features, like touch callouts that mimic finger gestures !!
Look around, as it could pop up in a Bundle somewhere, because I got it not long ago, for $39, with 6 other Apps. It was cheaper than upgrading from ScreenFlow 4.

Can it record both my own voice via mic and the iOS audio simultaneously???

C

chas_m

Can it record both my own voice via mic and the iOS audio simultaneously???

Not in QuickTime, but actually that's a good thing.

Make the video, and have it use the iOS audio. Then throw the video into iMovie or some other video editor, and overdub your SCRIPTED narration in iMovie to both avoid walking over the iOS audio *and* to sound smooth and professional and not like you're winging it as you go.

OP
W
Reaction score
Not in QuickTime, but actually that's a good thing.

Make the video, and have it use the iOS audio. Then throw the video into iMovie or some other video editor, and overdub your SCRIPTED narration in iMovie to both avoid walking over the iOS audio *and* to sound smooth and professional and not like you're winging it as you go.

Yeah that seems to be the way to go. Thanks for your help though :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.