• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Apples current business strategy 2014

Reaction score
Guys i am doing a module for a uni course and i have had to pick to do it on one of 3 company's so of course i picked apple lol(the other 2 were boring). The one thing i cannot find and i need is what is apples current strategy. I can find articles of people saying why they like it but not an article or report from apple on what it actually is?!. Does anyone on here have any idea where i could find this info i would be so grateful
Thanks

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Are you looking for "official" business strategy info…or what industry experts think is Apple's strategy?

Many companies don't make this sort of thing public. Mainly because if they officially made their business strategy public…then their competition would know what they are up to…and would counter with their own strategy to "foil" the Apple strategy.

Apple many times doesn't even release info about when the next model MacBook Pro (or any other computer model) will be released or what the new features will be. So they certainly wouldn't release their business strategy which would be even more encompassing. Add to this the fact that the electronics industry is very very very competitive & secretive…thus is less likely Apple would ever release their business strategy.

Apple is one of the most secretive companies out there…so I think that this info you are looking for is going to be VERY difficult to come by.

If you want/need what industry experts think Apple business strategy is…then just search the internet. You'll find lots of folks with opinions (everybody has an opinion).;)

Now it is possible that Apple does make some sort of "broad strokes" of business strategy info public. But this sort of stuff is VERY generic. So I guess it depends on how detailed this info needs to be to satisfy the parameters of your assignment/project.

- Nick

OP
A
Reaction score
yea I have been able to find stuff that other experts say but was hoping something apple published would be available. Have you any idea if there is anything 'broad' that they have published this year? I don't think it has to be really really detailed as the word count isn't there

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
If I was looking for this sort of info (official broad statements or otherwise)…I would begin by searching the internet for things like:

- Apple's Annual Report
- Quarterly Reports
- Press statements made by Apple official's
- Things mentioned at events like the WWDC (World Wide Developer Conference)
- etc.

Then if anything can be gleaned from these documents/articles…refine the internet searches with that info.

- Nick

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
@aerodynamic18:

This topic does not qualify as a Rumor or Report. Please read the forum description before posting. Thread moved here to the lounge which is our off topic forum.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Apple closely guards the company's future strategy.

If you wonder why, Google the claims and counter claims made in various courts concerning hacks, patents etc. Even future model releases and details is closely guarded.

C

chas_m

Apple has made its strategy since at least 1997 very plain. It tries, to the best of its ability, to build the best possible products that enrich the experience of the user. The company believes that if you do that, at least a certain segment of the population will be incredibly loyal to that, and the rest of your success will just fall into place.

There are literally thousands of examples of Steve and Tim saying this more or less exactly as I've written it, but Tim's recent conversation with Charlie Rose is a good starting place (you should be able to find this on Charlie's website).

M

MacInWin

SEC filings are public data. Here is a link to EDGAR, the public website of the SEC. I searched there for Apple, Inc, and this is what resulted.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.