Thread vanished...

Reaction score
Got this email answer for a thread:

Dear cradom,

MacInWin has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - Newbie needs help finding folder - in the Switcher Hangout forum of Mac Forums.

This thread is located at:
http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/sw...ewbie-needs-help-finding-folder-new-post.html

Here is the message that has just been posted:
Hey, Craig, it's post/answer all in one, very efficient. You just need to move into the 21st century! :Cool:

There may also be other replies, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the forum again.

All the best,
Mac Forums

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Part of the thread had disappeared. Clicked the link, now the whole thread has vanished. It's not in my 'View your posts' list. Got the 'invalid link, Contact an Administrator' page. Strange.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Hi Craig - well, I can vouch for that event - I left at least one post in that same thread (maybe two?) - it's no longer in 'My Posts' list - can an OP delete their own thread? Dave :)

OP
cradom
Reaction score
No, they cant. Has to be an Admin. Either the board is borked or someone had a reason.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Unfortunately, it appears as though that particular thread was hard deleted. We don't ordinarily hard delete a thread/post unless it was generated by a spammer. That said, I have seen times where a moderator can inadvertently hard delete a thread by using the 'delete as spam' option the wrong way. I suspect that may have been what happened here.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The thread was not hard deleted, it was moved to the deleted threads forum. The reason the thread was moved is that the thread starter was banned for having multiple accounts. The thread is located here.

Sorry about any confusion it may have caused. I thought both members who responded would notice the ban under the member's name when they replied. Apparently they missed it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.