Not staying logged in

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
On this Dell at work, I have to log in now (to the forum). I never had to before. Not only that, when I post, I discover that I'm logged out again. I don't see a check box to keep me logged in, thus I never unchecked it.... ?

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
The server was going through some date/time issues that required people to login a lot of times and posts to appear in crazy orders..

I'm not seeing those issues today, but this might be related..

If you are logged out and see the Username/Password boxes, there should be a checkmark for staying signed in, are you not seeing that?

OP
toMACsh
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I logged out to look, and yes, there is a "remember me" box I guess I was overlooking. I've checked it now, so let's hope that fixes this annoying logging out stuff.

Nope.
After posting, I still had to log in again. Now, I also hit the Mark As Read button, then noticed I was not logged in.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
We were having those problems some time ago but hasn't repeated itself, at least not here on my end. The problem was with the forum software and not anything the user could do except to keep logging back in. A real pain at the time. Let us know if you're having the same problem when at home and on your Mac.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Everything's normal on my end.:)

- Nick

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I logged out to look, and yes, there is a "remember me" box I guess I was overlooking. I've checked it now, so let's hope that fixes this annoying logging out stuff.

Nope.
After posting, I still had to log in again. Now, I also hit the Mark As Read button, then noticed I was not logged in.

Sounds like your browser isn't setting cookies for some reason. Check your browser config. If this started recently, and resetting the browser to factory defaults doesn't do it, it could be that your IT department pushed out some kind of group policy to prevent cookies from saving.

OP
toMACsh
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Let us know if you're having the same problem when at home and on your Mac.
Nope. Never happened at home.

Sounds like your browser isn't setting cookies for some reason. Check your browser config. If this started recently, and resetting the browser to factory defaults doesn't do it, it could be that your IT department pushed out some kind of group policy to prevent cookies from saving.
Well, our office moved last week, and corporate IT guys were here messing things, er, I mean hooking things up. They did upgrade to IE10 then got their wrists slapped and restored IE9. But, I was having this issue at the old office on IE9 as well.

Anyway, just dropped in as usual at lunch time, and I was still logged in. Go figure.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.