• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Next iMac w/ Retina Display

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" quad-core iMac, 8GB RAM, 2TB HD...15" MBP w/ 4GB RAM...etc.
I'd love to see Apple put out a 30" iMac with Retina Display tech. I'd consider it. Though, i just bought a 27" iMac in 2011. So, Apple can take their time. Maybe 2015? :)

Along with that include a "weather/date/time" widget that sits on the desktop. Sizable. Translucent.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Please do not post in the Rumors and Reports forum without first reading the Sticky Post regarding what can be posted there. Your post does not qualify. I moved it here to our off topic forum.

Reaction score
That would be an awesome screen, if feasible. I don't know if I could afford it though! :)

As far as the weather widget goes, I used to use Yahoo Widgets on my Windows machines and it was nice having the weather sort of front-and-center. But, since I've switched to an iMac, I use Farensius from the App Store. It resides up in the menu bar, nice and unobtrusive. I like it much better actually. Speaking of weather widgets, I'd be interested in knowing which apps or programs other members use on their Macs for weather info. Screen shot perhaps?

Here's mine (sitting up nice and cozy in the menu bar):

Screen Shot 2013-02-24 at 11.40.46 PM.png

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.