• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Wishlist for Mac Expo and year 2006

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15 inch 1.83. iBook G4.
So Jan 10th is appproaching and the Mac Expo is promising to reveal the first of the intel based machines so what do you think will be released and what would you like them to release

Obviously the first release of the mactels are expected but do you think there will be any other suprises?

I am hoping for apple to introduce a lifestyle product based on the mac mini that acts as a media centre. This then I hope would lead to them introducing a Sonos type system for the entire house.

Anyway what is everybody else hoping for?

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
I wanna peek at Leopard.

Reaction score
I don't know what to expect, but new iBooks would be nice. I think I would rather have an Xbox 360 than a mac mini media center type device.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5 20", 250gb, 512mb, Airport/Bluetooth, wireless kb+mouse
I want iLife '06...big time

Reaction score
I deffinately want a media type center for the whole house, or a start, based on the mac mini...that would be amazing

Also, the 13" ibook with intel chip would be nice as well...

For a far out, what I want at the expo...mac has filled my wildest dreams...maybe a mac robot, that would be pimp :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook: 2GHz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HD; PowerTower Pro (300MHz G3 clone): 608MB RAM, 10GB HD
I want an macintel 'book that will dual boot or emulate (fast) windows and run mac software faster than my G4 1.5GHz desktop so that I can get rid of all my desktops (mac and PC) and my laptop. Then I could just use one computer all the time. Oh yeah... and it has to be really cheap so I can afford it on my PhD. stipend.

Is that too much to ask?!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White 2ghz Core Duo Macbook, 2ghz RAM, 60gb Hard drive, SuperDrive
I'd like to see an intel iBook--which hopefully won't have many hiccups. A peek at Leopard would be good too..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
Bluetooth Mighty Mouse

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4/ 15.2"/ 1.67 ghz/ 2 gb RAM/ ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 (128 mb RAM)/ 100 gb hdd@ 5400 RPM
Hmm... well, I've been intigued by the thought of an eMac but smaller and with an LCD (perhaps something involving the Mac Mini?). But I doubt we'll see it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 2 x 3Ghz Dual Core Nvidia 8800, 7 gigs ram Macbook pro 2011 Intel i7 triple boots Ubuntu/Win7
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4/ 15.2"/ 1.67 ghz/ 2 gb RAM/ ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 (128 mb RAM)/ 100 gb hdd@ 5400 RPM
I'm wishing they'll do something with the displays (lower price, maybe?). I want an external for my Powerbook, but the price between the Dell 20" and Apple 20" is killing me...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5
to_tough_to_die said:
Hmm... well, I've been intigued by the thought of an eMac but smaller and with an LCD (perhaps something involving the Mac Mini?). But I doubt we'll see it.

That would be called an "iMac".

smeshy123 said:
YES! Only, USB Mighty Mouse, since my ibook doesnt have bluetooth :eek:neye:

And the current Mighty Mouse runs on what? Magic?

Reaction score
DCraver said:

And the current Mighty Mouse runs on what? Magic?

Um, no, but they have mice that are unwired that plug into the USB, and thats waht I want.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
smeshy123 said:
Um, no, but they have mice that are unwired that plug into the USB, and thats waht I want.
Like Infer Red? Apple has chosen to go with BT, but you can buy This

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
DCraver said:

Not with Mac Mini hardware...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.