• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Film Look on Video

I

iDracula

Does anyone have tips to achieve a closer film look using a normal video camera(non-3chip), filters and FCP?

OP
R

RobDreugan

Well, the biggest difference that makes TV so much less like film in look, is your frames per sec.

There are After Effect Filters, one called magic bullet which retails for 1,000 lol, that among other things can accuratly change the picture to even get film grain in it but more importantly can lower your frame rate to movie level.

24 fps for a movie.
29.97 for tv.

That'll be what you raelly need to try and adjust.

To my knowledge there's no way to really do this in FCP4.

*also, just a note. on a high end G4 it takes 10 seconds per 1 frame of rendering using these magic bullet effects. Its high quality stuff, but definitely want a server farm hehe.

OP
W

Wapa18

iDracula said:
Does anyone have tips to achieve a closer film look using a normal video camera(non-3chip), filters and FCP?

this link might help
http://desktopvideo.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?site=http://www.kenstone.net/fcp_homepage/film_look.html

i use a method similar to this with FCP4, only i don't involve quicktime pro. i just do it all from within final cut. when i de-interlace the two clips, i usually set the bottom one for lower and the top one for upper(kinda obvious i guess.
then i usually go to effects>video generators>render>noise and i add a layer of noise in between the two video layers, at probly 10% opacity. then sometimes (not for every project i do), i fool around with color correction til i get a look that i like, but only if i'm goin for a specific mood for colors.

i hope some of this helps you! :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.