Podcast episodes on iTunes

Reaction score
I have used Garageband and iWeb to post a series of podcasts to iTunes. I have just published my 6th episode and now I notice that Episode 1 has dropped off the iTunes listing for my podcast. It's still there in my podcast site archive.

How do I get iTunes to show all the episodes of my podcast that are available?

Sorry if this is a dumb question, the answers are usually simple but I don't know where to look for this one.

C

chas_m

It's not a dumb question at all.

I do the same thing with my podcasts (GB/iWeb). For me, iTunes only shows the last dozen episodes. After thinking about it for a bit, I made the connection that maybe what's happening is that iTunes will only show as many episodes as appear on the "front page/summary page" of your iWebsite. This is because iTunes looks to your RSS feed for info.

SO ... the solution is to open iWeb, click on the inspector, click on the RSS tab and change the number of "excerpts" on the blog main page. I'm testing this now to see if that actually changes the iTunes listing (sometimes takes a while for iTunes to update), but my guess is that's the solution.

OP
P
Reaction score
Hey, chas_m

Many thanks for quick and helpful response...I've changed the settings and await the iTunes update.

Peter

C

chas_m

I've confirmed that this is in fact the case. Good call, me! (gives myself rep) :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.