• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Maybe mother nature (cyclone yasi) had a good point?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Maybe mother nature (cyclone yasi) had a good point?

Yasi weeds out cannabis farms
Yasi weeds out cannabis farms- Local Cairns News | cairns.com.au

It seems the really bad cyclone QLD has also exposed and destroyed much of the area's weed crop. I just laughed so hard when I read this. But I'm sure the growers are not laughing.

"Why are you applying for natural disaster relief funds?"
"Um my crop I can't really talk about was destroyed"

Haha :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
HAHA Hasnt affected the price per pound here in the nations capital lol JK ;P

But on a side note, i hope sometime in the future the governments of this world will see the benefits of Hemp.Especially in the medical field working as a pain killer and appetite suppressant. Then the fibres can be used for such a lot of things.

I have Hemp clothes that are nerly 10 yrs old and ill tell you that they look as new as the day i bought them. I cant remember where i saw it but **Hemp** per micro mm is stronger than all other natural fibres in the world today. Just need a government with the balls to allow growing of the non THC hemp to research this more. I cant seeing it happen while im alive though.

Just think though if it was a Government controlling the drug from Seed to Smoke/fibre/clothes clothes, there would be a major downturn in KingPins IMO

My 2c for now

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
But on a side note, i hope sometime in the future the governments of this world will see the benefits of Hemp.Especially in the medical field working as a pain killer and appetite suppressant.

I thought it was suppose to make you hungry? Munchies and all that? I need to go back and watch Dazed and confused again I think. O:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
I thought it was suppose to make you hungry? Munchies and all that? I need to go back and watch Dazed and confused again I think. O:)

O:) Yea right lol ;P

From what i have read it is meant to work as one. In medical use mind you. On the other hand it could be that they are so stoned they cant move to make it to the cupboard or local takeaway lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Only time will tell the8thark. The Maitland NSW floods of the fifties were supposed to eradicate cannabis growing in the Upper Hunter. Originally planted by Chinese gold miners for use in place of opium.

All that happened is the seed was distributed for miles up and down the river banks, and the following spring was hemp heaven to users.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.