• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

I Love Apple!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.5 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HD
I'm sure threads along this line have been posted before, but I just wanted to make the community aware that the awesomeness of Apple continues.

So I've had a considerable number of drop-off and mail in repairs over the 2 years, 4 month life of my MBP. Something in the area of 5 or 6, with at least 4 logic board replacements and at least one monitor replacement, not to mention 1 to 2 speaker replacements. Now, this number of replacements is definitely uncommon. I was a bit frustrated with the way things had gone over the life of my computer, considering I (and by "I", I mean my parents) paid over $2000 for the computer before my freshmen year of college. Despite this I could never really work myself into enough of a temper to really voice my full disappointment to the apple genius I had spoke to most recently to set up my most recent repair (although it didn't help he was about 6'3" and 300 lbs, a bit intimidating to say the least). However, when my computer was ready for pick up, I decided enough was enough. I decided to get my father involved. He understood what I had been through with my computer (and yes, he does understand computers - despite being 60 yrs old, he's been working on them for over 30 yrs and has stayed current) so he already had his own frustration with the whole situation. So I discussed the matter with him for a bit, talking about how it was ridiculous how many times I've had to get my computer repaired and how the cost of the computer should suggest a level of quality inconsistent with the number of repairs, and, when he was good and riled up, I asked him to go to the store with me to pick it up and confront them about the situation. To shorten this story up, after he expressed his concerns with the way things had gone with my computer (passionately to say the least), the apple store was very willing to do everything they could to rectify the situation. I walked out about an hour and half later with a new MBP (15.6", 2.8 GHz i7, 500GB HD, 4GB RAM, 512MB Graphics card, and a high-res matte screen) for free.

I just want to say thank you to Apple for having a customer service policy that allows for such awesomeness to happen, and thank you to my dad for taking the time to go with me and do all the complaining for me that resulted in this awesome early Christmas present.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Reaction score
I like Apples. Apple as a computer company KISSES PINK PONIES

Jk Mac users, jk :p

I love macs since they have silly fart-like noises and are pretty beatiful to look at. Has better animations that MS stole for vista and windows 7 :p

Also safari ftw. MS is good for their games and xbox. LOL @ minesweeper

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP i5 500GB 4GB, iPhone 3GS, 160GB Classic, 40GB ATV, 16GB iPad WiFi
Pretty good story, Consider yourself very lucky they did that for you. Thats a nice machine they set you up with also. Sounds good for you! Merry Christmas!

- Mike

Reaction score
Ditto!

I have been an Apple user since the '90s....Mac anyway. I used Apple II's years before. Anywho, a similar thing happened to me this year. I had a mid '07 iMac which had been into the Apple store for repair 4 times in the last 4 months of it's life. The night before Applecare was due to expire, it acted up again. Got on the phone to Apple, and within an hour, a senior engineer offered to replace my iMac with a brand new iMac....3 years of Applecare. It was an early Xmas! I have had this happen once before, but not with a 3 year old machine.

There is a reason Apple is #1 in customer service and tech support in the world! This is it. They know how to treat customers!

I never even suggested a new machine, nor was looking for it. They offered! As soon as my iMac was in Fedex's system, a new iMac was on it's way to me. 3 days later, it was on my doorstep!

Alright Apple! You've won a lifetime customer!

Harry

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
... I decided to get my father involved. He understood what I had been through with my computer (and yes, he does understand computers - despite being 60 yrs old...
MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Maybe because instead of despite... There are a lot of us 60 year olds out here that still know at least a little something. ;D At least when senility or bad eyesight isn't getting the best of us.

Congrats on the new rig.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
ROFL. I guess I can say "I represent that". :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
And what about us poor, discriminated against seventy + year olds?

OP
CarlConti08
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.5 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HD
Haha well in all my joy and slight drunken buzz when I posted this originally i used the "B-Word" to describe how my dad complained (Starred out no less), and as a result I got a warning from the admins. Oh well I don't give a shhh– I mean crap (oops, almost let one of those naughty swear words slip again).

Just thought that was a bit humorous.

Hope everyone's enjoying their holiday today!

PS: I got a kindle! Wooohooo!

Reaction score
LOL @ "KISSES PINK PONIES" I forgot what I typed there that was over the border...was it just sucks? How's that bad?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5' iMac i3 3.2GHz, 13.3' MacBook Pro 2.26GHz, iPhone 4(16GB), 160GB iPod Classic
Never really considered other products until I got an iPhone. I had iTunes, and an iPod on my Windows PC, but switched to Mac this year. Can't complain one bit, now I got several Apple products just because they are such great devices!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, iTouch, iPod
I like Apple too:D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.