• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

The one and only Woz!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini | Intel Core i5 | 8 GB RAM | 240 GB SSD | Dell 27" LCD | OS X 10.10.x
Hi everyone.

I wanted to share this with everyone here. A couple of weeks ago I spent one of the best evenings of my life. What else could I call it -- when, after all, I got to meet ... Steve Wozniak ... in person!

He visited the community college where I work (and where my brother also teaches). We started with the Meet & Greet session. I shook his hand and told him what an honor it was to meet him. We brought the cover from our old Apple //e for him to put his trademark "Woz" signature on it, and then we took some pictures. After this we adjourned to the main stage where he sat down for a one-on-one interview. He talked about all sorts of interesting topics, like his adolescence, the birth of Apple, his approach to engineering, and his thoughts about the tech industry and the state of education in the United States.

He was extremely friendly and down-to-earth. I have to admit, I felt like I could just sit there and chit-chat with him for hours, but I decided not to pester him too much. It was a thrill just to be there. Of course, there was a long line of people anxious to meet him. A lot of people were getting their books signed (the recent one called "iWoz"), but I saw one guy actually come in with his old Macintosh, which I assume he brought in for signing.

Funny how at events like this, the crowd really is comprised of intellectuals and, well ... nerds and geeks! But I mean that in a good way (I'm practically one of them). There was one guy sitting at our table who was in high school and possessed an extremely vast amount of knowledge in areas like physics and programming ... based on what he was telling us, he had already built several robots and has plans to start his own business after school.

I'm so glad I went; it was well worth it. Below are some of the pictures that we took.

woz1.jpg

woz2.jpg

woz30.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
So you got to met the Woz?
That is just so cool. You are one very lucky person indeed.

OP
CarpathiaMan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini | Intel Core i5 | 8 GB RAM | 240 GB SSD | Dell 27" LCD | OS X 10.10.x
Thanks, it was a blast!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.