disable internet on iPhone

Lex

Reaction score
hi,

I have: iPhone 1st gen 3.1 firmware. 8gb.

I have been using this phone for about 3 years now and it still works very well. Though recently I moved to an other country and switched to using prepaid sim.

The problem: My credit is back to 0 really fast. I think this is because some apps connect to the internet (which is really expensive prepaid). If anyone know how I can disable this, please help =).

My provider is lebara mobile.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Settings - General - Network - turn Data Roaming to Off

OP
L

Lex

Reaction score
Settings - General - Network - turn Data Roaming to Off

Thank you sir, but that is not what I ment. (or maybe it is). Underneath of it there is a note that says: to avoid huge costs in foreign countries. Maybe I misunderstand that (I'm dutch).

Well anyway, it is turned off (0). But I can still access internet.

OP
L

Lex

Reaction score
I just looked up what data roaming means (probably obvious for you guys): but it says it uses other networks then your own to connect to the internet (in this case). But that is not the problem: my own network is costly too.

So in short; my provider automatically includes internet in a prepaid sim. I don't want that because it costs a lot (the only reason why it costs so low to call and sms) so would like to turn it off.

thanks for the help in advance.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
From what I know, the only way to limit Internet usage is to put the phone into Airplane mode. This will make it only use WiFi if available. However, this has the effect of disabling regular phone usage as well..

There is no explicit way of turning off Internet usage while leaving the phone part enabled..the iPhone was designed (for better or worse) to assume that it has access to the Internet either through the Edge/3G or WiFi routes..

Regards

OP
L

Lex

Reaction score
ok thank you. =(.

Well I will put my dutch sim in my sony ericson, and my other sim in my iphone.

If anyone knows some 3th party app or so... always welcome to leave a comment.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.