just wondering

D

dragonfly

I'm just starting movie making (windows movie maker 2) so it will be a while before i advance to a mac if at all. Here is my question, i wanted to make a movie from my pc and transfer it to a mac and was told it takes coding, does anyone know how much coding it takes? since i suck at math i might not be able to do it :(

edit- i'm trying to work on movies for video games btw, mac can't handle the games i play so that's why i wanted to transfer it to a mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
I don't believe it takes coding at all, Just save it as a file that mac can support (ie: .moc .avi) and then the mac will be able to read it.

Reaction score
before i got my mac i used windows movie maker, if i remember correctly (which is very rare) wmm can only create you movies in to wmv. What are you wanting to do to the video on the mac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, 8-Core 2.8Ghz, 10GB RAM, 2x1TB HDDs, iPod U2 Edition
reddavis999 said:
before i got my mac i used windows movie maker, if i remember correctly (which is very rare) wmm can only create you movies in to wmv. What are you wanting to do to the video on the mac?

Ew.... you serious? Does anyone know if is true? I uninstalled off my PCs so I have no way to check.

I have had trouble transfering DV files from PC to Mac without weird glitch issues. But if you just use a standard codec or no compression at all to export them you shouldn't have any problems bringing them into the Mac. Of course if reddavis999 is correct I don't know what to tell ya.

OP
D

dragonfly

Just make movies, and possibly learn special effects and add them in. Like record ingame things and make it like an intro or something. I'm just learning wmm2 effects more atm so it will be a while before i'll get into adobe premier, even longer before i start a mac and make my movies way way cool :) I also wanna start things like trailers possibly, rather then the ingame look make it have a non ingame look like they do to make you want it.

I dunno what a mac movie looks like so i can't give a detailed description of what i want.

edit- if you mean wmm files then yeah, but wmm2 i can turn the wmm file into a file so it can play in things like real player, divx, windows media player etc.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.