• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

You guys know I'm fairly new at this. Looking for ideas

Reaction score
I purchased .Mac. Now I'm going to start a page with just desktop images for sharing with whoever wants them. I have already put a few on the page but I really have no idea what I'm doing ;) I even have some pictures there I got from some of you guys. Is there any legal situations I need to worry about? Is it ok to even mention this on here?
Like I said, I'm new. Any suggestions to help me. Would be appreciated Thanks
My page it here:NAP's [email protected] http://homepage.mac.com/n.a.p/PhotoAlbum2.html
Any pictures to share send them my way I'll be happy to add them. If I can ;)

B

badmojo

You look like you know what you're doing to me. Try dressing up your page a little or creating a photo movie and posting it.

OP
iNAP
Reaction score
badmojo said:
You look like you know what you're doing to me. Try dressing up your page a little or creating a photo movie and posting it.

It's the program .mac provides, not sure yet how to do movies or dress things up but thanks for the good word. I would like to make it so different sizes are available to grab .Still trying to figure that out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
iNAP said:
... Is there any legal situations I need to worry about?

The only thing you need to watch out for is posting copyrighted pictures for distribution. It's not likely that someone would come after you, but it's happened-- at the very worst, you'll be told to take them down.

For a while, Fox was going after people who had Simpsons tribute sites. They were threatening legal action if certain things, mostly sound files, weren't removed.

None of this is meant to discourage you-- just be aware that you may be asked to remove something at some point.

Reaction score
iNAP said:
I purchased .Mac. Now I'm going to start a page with just desktop images for sharing with whoever wants them. I have already put a few on the page but I really have no idea what I'm doing ;) I even have some pictures there I got from some of you guys. Is there any legal situations I need to worry about? Is it ok to even mention this on here?
Like I said, I'm new. Any suggestions to help me. Would be appreciated Thanks
My page it here:NAP's [email protected] http://homepage.mac.com/n.a.p/PhotoAlbum2.html
Any pictures to share send them my way I'll be happy to add them. If I can ;)

iNAP,

Can you sent me the desktop #34,7 I like to use them for my wallpaper

OP
iNAP
Reaction score
Reflow said:
iNAP,

Can you sent me the desktop #34,7 I like to use them for my wallpaper

Just go to the site and drap them off onto your desktop ;) Not sure how else to do it yet. I guess if you send me your email in PM I can that way

E

EvoMac

Looks good, however I'm thinking that #18 should be perma-deleted never to be seen again :mac:

OP
iNAP
Reaction score
lol I was wondering what you were talking about :lol

Reaction score
iNAP said:
Just go to the site and drap them off onto your desktop ;) Not sure how else to do it yet. I guess if you send me your email in PM I can that way

You got mail

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 2 x 3Ghz Dual Core Nvidia 8800, 7 gigs ram Macbook pro 2011 Intel i7 triple boots Ubuntu/Win7
OP
iNAP
Reaction score
Sorry guys I'm redoing it. Ran into a few howto problems, so I just erased and will start all over again. They will be back, with even a bigger selection. And hopefully different sizes. (no promises on sizes though) I'll give it my best shot. I'll let you know when it's back up ....Soon I hope! Wish me luck.......lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 2 x 3Ghz Dual Core Nvidia 8800, 7 gigs ram Macbook pro 2011 Intel i7 triple boots Ubuntu/Win7
Good luck. too bad we dont have somewhere where we could all share our best desktops.....

looking forward to seeing yours, Ill bet I have one or two on that list ;)

OP
iNAP
Reaction score
by the way I put it back up with about 180 desktop pictures to pick from, check pushpin album also Still trying to figure out how to do different sizes for all, any help would be welcomed ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I think it looks great, borrowed a few!!!!!!!

OP
iNAP
Reaction score
Thanks Kevin, always looking to add so if you guys want some added to showoff let me know ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.